Sunday, June 5, 2011

on Idiots, freaks and idiots - part 2

 

Where were we, oh Yeh, just crossed the line full of mud, I couldn’t recognize my race number from the mud, I piled the banana in muddy hands and devoured it with 2 cups of water. I waited a few minutes for the rest of the group, not sure if they finished before or after me, I must have lost them on the initial hill. After a few minutes I saw them cleaned up (kind of) so I guess I finished a bit after them and went to get hosed down. They brought few water trucks to wash the racers from all that mud, and used actual fire hoses on us which kind of did the job, I just forgot to empty my pockets which remained muddy. I got my gear back with my camera and took more photos of freaks (on Facebook now) in costumes. I kept thinking how they measured time, since they couldn’t recognize my muddy number, then someone mentioned a chip. That when it me. I am an idiot, on the welcome packet was this plastic things resembling a beer bottle opener which said, “free beer” on it, so I didn’t give it much thought nor did I notice the probably EVERYONE has some kind of white plastic thingy on their shoes, so I am unsure what my time was and I can estimate it 45 minutes based on other racers, but cannot be sure. Before the rave I told myself 35 minutes is A, 40, B and 45 C, so C it is.

 

After that we went for some lunch, the main thing was turkey leg. I had turkey before but never a whole leg (the medival look) which tasted good but was more fun to eat. We sat on the grass enjoying live music from unknown bands. The race kept going since they launch a different group every 30 minutes, so runners kept coming all day. Apparently one of the racers was a new guy from work which knows one of my friends.

 

A few hours later after some sweet corn and slight sun burn, we left to a cabin rented by some people, and after a real shower to get mud out of areas where mud shouldn’t be, I took a much needed schnutch on the deck which is located in a lovely field of green surrounded by birds. We had a grill dinner later which was good and after that I drove back home. I am still waiting for the race photos themselves.

 

This ended a week of returning to running and a nice day of kayaking, 5 activities a week is a good above average week.

 

I am enrolling to another obstacle course in September, hope I will be less idiot then, and for sure I will be dressed like a freak as well, it’s funJ

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: