Monday, November 14, 2011

A tale of 7 cities

what are the odds... What?, read somewhere below.

A long long time ago, in the age of unemployment (hint hint), kids went outside dressed in customs and ask for candy from strangers. for some one like me to have never participated in such an extravagant event is odd. it was a cold evening but not too cold. i was thinking of going as an African with my full African regalia and my face painted black but i was told it may seem racist by the over sensitive gringos, so with little time to choose, i went with another creative but not too clever outfits. with the upcoming 2012 end of the world Mayan calander- i decided to be "ready for winter".
i wore my ski pants, ski shirt, winter vest, winter coats, fleece hat, another fleece hat and another fleece hat (tough winter, you never know), 3 umbrellas, 2 ponchos, a snow shovel (yes, a snow shovel), snow scraper, 3 scarves, 1 ski face mask, utility belt, with 3 single gloves on it.... i think that was it, oh, i also wore fake eye lashes, if the world ends, might as well look nice.
I joined the kids as they walked between the houses, i didn't go trick or treating myself, just walked by, but it was nice seeing every one in custom. and my outfit was handy , since it was cold and i lent a hat, gloves and scarves to freezing kids (i was happy to glove, since i was too hot from the too many clothes).
in the end each kid had a batch of candy.

Now I already have my idea for a custom for next year.... its going to be hilarious ...

A few days later my mom came for a visit and we explored Cleveland a bit. we went to the botanical gardens, a place I never visited and found it lovely. it didn't only have plants  but also chameleons and butterflies. after that we went to the art museum, but a support call prevented the visit.
we walked later that day an hour out side to nearby chagrin falls, a town that is always closed (or closed when ever my mom comes), it was day light when we got there, but still most stores were already closed.
we went to the zoo the next day where the trees in late stages of the fall are steel impressive and the red panda, cheeta, and bush baby are most impressive. but the wolves that chose to hide on our last visit now made a full appearance. I also had a job interview by phone next to the seal cage (moved on to the next stage...) and had lunch at a nice German place.

the next day we walked for 3 hours to a restaurant, just over 16k of city walk. its nice walking to a restaurant, it gives you drive and the houses on the way are nice. it was a Saturday and the streets were empty. we passed 7 cities on the way (Solon, orange, wood-mere, Beachwood, shaker, university and Euclid hts). and had a very good Turkish meal. Alla met us there so we didn't have to walk back. the previous night Alla slaved in the kitchen (by choice) and produced magic beef brisket, lots of salads, corn muffins, it was a grand feast with my mom , Moti and Alla's parents and sisters. The visit ended the next day and I returned to the GMAT, which was not my greatest moment.

Last weekend I played some tennis after months of no play and went scouting for activities for my Amazing Race (not the real thing, just small activities I am organizing, details next week..

OK, you waited long enough and so did we, after 3 months of unemployment the day began with an offer for Alla as a full time pharmacist and OmniCare and ended with a job offer for my self at Philips.

So it is a happy day :)

cheers, hope your day is as happy as ours
 

No comments: