Tuesday, August 7, 2012

on happy together and creation

Last week we went to Cain park for another concert, this would be the 2nd time we see these legends of the 60s. the average age there was retired and I was definitely out of place, but who cares, I love some of those songs. the Buckingham went up first, don't care for them, but OK sounds. from this point every artist sang at list one of my favorites. The grass roots with 'live for today' , Puget and forgot what his band name was- he sings "young girl, get out of my mind" , the monkeys came later , or one monkey with "I am a believer" and "day dream believer" he has faith apparently, and the finale with the turtles and the happy together song which was our pre-walk the isle song. 13 hits combined to be a great evening. we sat on the grass, but for the final song, all the performers from all bands came together on stage and did a Melody of their hits, at that point i got close to the stage (adult crowd, stays in their seats, no need to push to get through) , the turtle guy threw guitar picks at the crowed, one landed under a seat not far from me, but these guys move slow...i crawled fast under 2 chairs and got it before they even knew I was there.... now my show pick collection has 2 items (previous one from air supply).
 
being very happy together we left for Chicago to meet some of Alla's family which I have never met. no need for the family tree, lets say they are some sort of cousins. we left early relatively and managed to get there in time for dinner and after Alla finding an 'uncle julios' there, we couldn't resist and salivated over these fajitas. I printed some walking tours, but instead we went to the museum of science and industry which is found in a huge and impressive building from the out side, but just like any other museum from within. this is a hands on museum for adults as well, with areas for experimentation. one device measures brain waves and its a competition for the one who is more relaxed. if you do, a ball goes away from you to your competitor. so of course we had to try this thing, and we were both not surprise to see who won.
later, my un relaxed wife and I played with shadows (see link to photos below), planes, trains, genetics, seen a pig born (yuk) and a cow birth (also yuk), chicks hatching (well we saw the after hatch, so cute) and other things for the most of the day as well as an Imax movie about Orangutans and elephants in ranches that save them and release to the wild and decided to add these ranches to our never ending list of things and places to do and go. we went to the beach right after but did not go in, no bathing suite, shame nice looking beach , then dinner followed at , you guessed it, uncle Julio's, you have to try it! tell Julio's , that I sent you.
 
on the next day after omelet breakfast we went to a local water park, nothing fancy, but water slides are still fun and the kids (Michael age 6, Arielle age 9, Maya age 10 and I ) went from slide to slide, the repeated... some with tubes some without and one that lets you roll around and kind of surf, lots of photos and videos on that one in the link below.
 
in the evening we left later due to severe thunder storms and drove back kind of chasing the storm and seeing some amazing lighting bolts. nature is awesome.
 
and we have met the cousins and got a long well, many photos...
 
for a while I wasn't sure what the heading of this blog entry should be, i was debating between alternatives such as Additions, junior, what's new, 9 months and every time i thought about it i came up with different name, well if you didn't get my hint.... I am ecstatic to announce the we are expecting.... so what to expect while you are expecting? I guess I will have to find out.
 
in this, we differ, I cannot keep a secret, and Alla would rather wait till the baby is 18 to tell you he/she was born... still early.. but I am kind of smug and happy, together.
 
p.s congratulations Ronit on your engagement.
 
the Chicago trip,  photos are not in order, camera problems
 
biking and finches.
 

No comments: