Tuesday, October 23, 2012

on nail polish and cell loss

the following occurred recently but not to me
 
certain person goes to the BMV (Bureau of Motor vehicles) to register a car. this person does not find the ID and other needed paper work and drives back home , 20 minutes away to get them, once they get home they find out that they had the papers all along and rush back 20 minutes more to the BMV only to find that they left their bag at home! back home again. on the next day and another ride to the BMV and waiting 30 minutes in line- only to find out that the car was registered all along, there was no need to do anything.
 
this story just proves that I found my match, I had similar funny stories
but my more pregnant half has told me about this event in a precursor to the following fact. according to researchers (no doubt world renown) woman carrying girls lose more brain cells then woman carrying boys and the above story is undeniable proof that we have a girl.
folk stories (which I hold in the same regard as said previous scientist) believe that a woman who's belly doesn't grow much is a sign of boys. indeed a mystery wrapped in a uterus
 
in 13 days we will know (yes,I am counting down daily lately). btw so far week 16 all is well :)
 
I purchased a new shampoo called 'cells and shoulders' which stops this cell loss at the root.
 
 
2 weeks a go I was dragged against my will to a scavenger hunt, not sure why i didn't feel like going, this is definitely my kind of event- post test exhaustion perhaps, but my dragging partner didn't give up and we went. It was a group with the kids (nephews) and you had to do various tasks in 10 photos, meaning choose how many things you can cram in only 10 photos, so you have to work fast, smart, and creative. lucky the performers are kids- they can do any thing, you can put them with one leg on a chair, the other on a swing while sitting on bicycles, or holding a broccoli , feeding each other muffins, while holding an apple on their heads and other such strange combinations. i received the tasks list before we met with the kids and i didn't know at the time that only the kids perform, thus with one task to put nail polish , i didn't hesitate and slapped the pink on my toes. not a work of art, far from it, but a 1st for me. this thing is difficult to remove... lucky acetone is available. i will send you photos soon. one task required a street musician, and we have no time to drive down town, so I took a shofar and posed as a street musician- lucky we didn't have to play, i cant play that thing.
we met with the other groups at the end and after counting our points twice, we came in 2nd - if we only found a fireman ...we might have won.I was disappointed by this loss and my feeling always show, worse poker player ever) and I was wearing my Israeli rugby jacket and one of the judges approached me asking me what it said (this was hosted in a Jewish school), I explained and when i turned around - everyone in my group was not there (Alla and both her sisters). apparently they decided that i was so upset that i was appealing the ruling (so i can win the mega prise of my name appearing on some cup that will remain in the school), so they decided to abandon me, less they be seen with the likes of mayhem (me). all 3 sisters at the same time!!!- i think this cell loss is a general phenomenon regardless of pregnancy (though 2 of them are pregnant at the moment), perhaps its contagious.
 
cheers and count your brain cells...
p.s happy birthday Netta
 

No comments: