Tuesday, September 22, 2009

happy birthday from the IRS

A few months back I filed my taxes, a day before the day line ( a record for me). And I forgot about it, even though I was due to get a big refund. But you know I don’t care about money, especially if paper work is involved. Lucky for my retirement fund, my finance’e does.

And recently I have started to take care of my paper work. (my mom is probably crying from joy right now)

Including talking to banks, lawyers, various web sites, university, DMV  (after a fun fine….didnt renew my sticker on time…idiot me) , basically things I would have pushed till the very last second, and beyond in the past.

So today was told to decide that I am checking the status of my refund. Which was a very nice refund , courtesy of S.HR.J. and. So I checked out the site I used to file. They only said it was accepted. Luckily Google knows everything and the IRS has a web site for  fools like me that tells them what’s going on. So I was astonished to see that on April 24th the government cut me a check. I quickly logged in to my bank account (something I recently got the hang of doing after ,much fuss over nothing of course) and what do you know, It was there.

One less errand and I was surprised by the efficient IRS ( I am not just saying this to avoid an audit)

 

Don’t think that working (paper work) on my spare time is something I like,  but I recognize this a needed habit. Even though I am grumpy about it, I should bring flowers to my finance’e as apology, or maybe just cook another great meal.

 

Allush made plain pasta the day before, just the noodles (she loves that, I need at least ketchup) . so I created 2 new recipes from scratch, I had the muse.

The 1st I took some of the ready pasta and  fried it in olive oil, added black pepper, cut fresh garlic, and loaded it with feta cheese……mmmmmmmmm

I took the other half, and also olive oil (I am out of olive oil now… need to go shopping), with heavy cream, white wine, black pepper lots of sock eye Salmon that we brought back from Alaska.

I usually like my own cooking, it is usually simple ingredient, nothing fancy but good, but yesterday I hit the jack muse pot.

The food was devoured.

 

I think today mash potatoes with salmon, never tried it. I have not yet managed to create great mash potatoes. Decent yes, but not great, it seems so simple but it’s not.

 

So check list

University – waiting on book, after 3rd email I think I have it

IRS refund- check

Rabbi- not yet

Civil wedding date- November 9th, shaker city hall at 11:15, no need to bring suites

Jewish wedding ceremony- June 9th – saba well at 8:15 sharp

DJ- waiting for recommendations

Photographer – see DJ

Immigration lawyer- in processing

Invitations- need to start

Seating arrangement- when invitations return

vowels – need to write

baby- not yet

new place- waiting on work

wedding Dress-  check (it’s a beautiful dress… yes, I haven’t seen it,  I just know)

liquor- need to buy

food- need to order

flights to Israel- need to book

 

u see, the list of errands never ends

 

but all for a good cause

by this time next year….

 

Well I need to keep some things secret

 

Cheers

Gone cooking

 

p.s happy birthday meirav

 

No comments: