Thursday, November 12, 2009

little bit on goats, pink things and bicycles

Dear diary, it has been a while… so what new events occurred recently?

 

What is pink and spinning around?

Salmon in the microwave.

I have been eating more fish in the last season than 10 years before combined, and I like it. One day I took salmon to work and hit it up in the micro wave. Salmon as you know jumps against the current, and even after death it still knows no rest, the fish exploded in the microwave, scattering to every possible place. Took me minutes to clean it all. What ever was left on the plate (the less adventerous part of the fish) was good.

 

Haloween party took place on haloween , how bizzare. And my finace’e and I went to a party at the natural history museum. We went to a custom store to get a custom and tried on a few things. I knew what I wanted to be, but not how. My nick name on meetup- the site I do the hikes and other events with is the international man of mystory. I don’t know why I got that nick name, but since this party had about 80 people from meetup, it seems appropriate. So I had to be international – so I took a kilt, israeli sandals, scotish socks, irish flag, I coulndt find my brazil Tshirt , so I wore a lizard shirt (which become my undercover nick name for the evening), I wore kind of a clowny hat (should have brought a turkish hat), my green eyes glasses with fake eye lashes. Cut my beard in a weird shape- to fit both conditions where I would have to be shaved or bearded, and a tie for formal missions. I also were spandex which looked like garder belt, very sexy. To top it all I had an umbrella- as my cover.

The problem was that no one knows what the custome is, with out asking so its hard to get votes (there was a competition) and I didn’t win. Well next year… the level of cusotmes there realy amazed me. People invested time and effort and had great results. Even the band dressed up like the flinsttones. It was a fun night.

 

I also reach new peaks of endurance (peaks for me anyway), and broke the 9 then the 10 miles! Mark- 16k of non stop running. I was very much excited, with 24 days till the race-  I have only 5 k to go.

With fund raising how ever I am very slow. I stood 2 days last week infront of the sams club and asked for donations. This was approved by this huge chain, but first they came and told me I cannot ask any one in the parking lot, than that I must stand in a specific spot behind a table far from the exit door. You cannot ask money after people already spent a bunch on shopping, you must do it before they enter, while they still have money. So it was a cold, very cold actualy hours- so I am still far from my fundrasing goal.

 

Home work season has begun with finance and accounting courses- not very interesting, and orienteering season is about to end with the approaching winter. But ski season will soon begin, so something to look forward to.

I went to go get a bicycle. If you know me, you know I have a history with bicycle shopping. So I go and chose my bike at Dicks, it’s a big sports department store. The thing is that they inspect all the bikes for safety before they leave. But the guy who is doing that has swine flue! Poor me, I have to wait, and I do and call backa few days later and the forgot about my order and about me in genral. What a bunch of [enter store name here]. I went again last week, and chose another pair, agin they told me that the guy is not there (but he has recovered) and I should come again later, they wouldn’t event put the bike on hold. It’s a very unamerican store like behavior from them. I guess they are [store name].

So still looking for a bike, but my bike rack has arrived.

 

Recently we bought shelves to help arrange the fast filling room of stuff, now it realy is the room of stuff and it is stuffed.

 

We have seen an exhibition by gaugin at the museum of art. He is famous but not my style. Luckily they had another exhbition there which I liked more, same period 1850-1950 but more vareity.

 

The leaves are falling, there is almost nothing left, but the views this season have been out of this world. Days are hot sometimes, but mostly cold and it will be colder again.

 

I have once made a goat faint! That is easy when you are chasing a fainting goat, but regardless, we went to see the man who stares at goat. New movie with great cast. Very weird with a potential to become a cult movie. High marks for originality, and less, for ‘what the goat what that?’ Its an entertaining movie over all.

Couples retreat was a different story, simple romantic comedy, what ever you expect was there, but also entertaining.

 

That is all for now

Next update will be on the marrige and this very eventfull exciting week.

 

Cheers

And remember , if you look at the goat and it doesn’t faint, you didn’t try hard enough.

 

 

 

No comments: