Wednesday, September 1, 2010

where is the C?

My 2 main promises this year (to myself) were weight loss (on it, or better to say off it) and learning Russian.

 

Well tonight I started with promise #2.

 

30 minutes in and my teeth are broken, this language is hard. I know what you’ll say, even 2 year old in Vladivostok know Russian, but I won’t believe it till I go visit there.

 

Started with roseate stone, which is a language learning program. Kind of interesting the way they do it, they first say words and make you repeat, then very interactively make you guess the words, complete letters, and the software “hears” how you (I) pronounce and does not continue till you (I) get it right. And you are graded as well. so far I am a B student I think on my 1st lesson.

An interesting thing is that they make you write the words, the on screen Russian keyboards is weird, so many weird fonts, it looks like a mix of Latin and thai – which is probably is (if not thai, Indian, or Mongolian).

 

Now my huge vocabulary is boy girl man woman eat drink run read write cook he she them…all that in 20 minutes, with this rate I will know Russian in aprox 137 years.

 

Oh, the C

Ect is eat but edat is eating,  I know soma languages change verbs when moving from singular to plural- but what happened to the C- how did it change to D- the worlds works in mysterious ways.

 

OH peXNt Blog

 

Cheers

 

No comments: