Tuesday, February 22, 2011

5 minutes on ship , sheep, back up beans

There is a saying in Cleveland ,and likely every northern US city, “if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes, it will change”

So I very much liked a sunny (but cold weekend), a few days without snow and our lawn is once again green. Several squirrels were playing in our back yard, Alla saw a red robin there.

Well that was 5 minutes ago, snow has started again and I almost see no grass, in a few minutes more, it will be all white.

 

To redeem my previous sins (also known as Dieting) I am continuing to eat sheep food. Spinach once more, but I got baby spinach leaves this time, which makes it lambs food, I guess.

 

Watched pirate radio which is a nice film on the alternative movie scale, same goes for the king of Scotland, both older films.

 

If you like Adam Sandler movies- don’t miss ‘Just go with it’, I wasn’t much thrilled to see it  since Jenifer Aniston movies are usually boring, and she usually plays herself, same role. But this one was up there on the funny silly romantic comedy genera. Please don’t watch ‘the edge of love’, OMG  so bad.

 

We went to Dina’s for dinner last weekend and since I was on a diet I actually planned on taking lambs food for backup and I also offered to take green beans. It is one thing to eat them, but to actually take them as back up??? I must be losing my mind. Not that I lack food there, the problem is that there is too much; I settled for some pastry like dish with meat inside + a whole fish!!! , avoided the schnitzel (which I like and the rice), ate some candy (see why I needed back up leaves?). but its better since usually I would eat those + the schnitzels.

 

When a tree falls in the wood, does it makes a sound? What about when a tree falls in your back yard, what sound does that make?; a spruce (Brosh) tree feel down from the heavy ice on it, now we have to figure out what to do with it, try to re-plant it or cut it up for fire wood (we don’t have a wood fire place…). We did not hear it.

 

Today was one of the most beautiful winter days. It snowed a bit on Saturday, then rained a bit, and froze again quickly, so everything is full with ice, including our tree. Now a day later, the sun came out again (still below freezing weather) and it shines on the ice making amazing light effects of glint and sparkle, out back yard was incredible just before sun down. So we took a little hike in our nearby park. We took a route not commonly taken and the trail was completely covered by the snow; so our foot prints were the 1st on the trail, it makes it feel like we are discovering a new area (though we are following a map), the tiny creek is half frozen half flowing and it looks amazing. I would send photos , but the camera battery which is fully charged, was not in the camera at the time, and the odd thing is that I was not in charge of this fiasco.

 

That is it for now all I have to do this week is finish, taxes, expenses, Vermont ski trip plans , mammoth cave plans, ny and Washington plans, and perhaps start planning the summer trip; Iceland is back on top of the list, but you know, wait five minutes, the plan will change..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: