Tuesday, March 15, 2011

on shape, asparagus and milestones

Yes, I am shocked too, it is time for year 3 summary!!!!!!!, can someone please find a way to stop time.

 

 

Ok so what did we have this year

 

1 Surgery, not a very hip experience, my 1st and hopefully last

1 hospital admission, my first, fun 10 days.

1 code blue experience, seeing the light (from the ceiling) also not the experience I recommend.

1 wedding , now there is an experience to remember and my second overall (to the same pharmacist/racer/travel agent/ chef etc)

1 apple house purchase

1 tree falling down

0 injuries (wait, that can’t be, calf, ok, thighs ok, knee ok, ankle, ok, back ok, neck (1 small thing not a real injury), shoulder ok, elbow ok- a rare year indeed.

 

Weight – I am very happy to report that it is less than same time last year; just like a roller coaster, lots of ups and downs (more ups I think) but in the end, I reached a mile stone I set not long ago and I am less then after the hospital stay. And now I am on a serious roll down hill.

0 number of roller coasters this year ; yes a major shame.

 

~90 the list of books left (unread) on the shelf; I will not the count how much I read this year, the list is long, I should stop buying new books.

I don’t recall if I ever wrote about a bucket list, but it doesn’t matter, item #1 on the list is ; write a book;

1 new bike was purchased, 1 flat tire

1 minor accident this year (lost a mirror)

0 tickets

0 court appearance (actually never had)

 

New animals (no, the zoo does not count) witnessed in nature

Raccoon, black squirrel , opossum (not as road kill)

 

Animals witnessed in my back yard (oh, yes, I am now a back yard owner)

Squirrel, raven, hawk, wood pecker, Red Cardinal; we also had a deer , but I didn’t see it.

 

0 times got drunk last year

 

6 months on Coumadin (blood thinners) without missing a day, a major achievement for a clumsy like myself (good thing its over); I did have some late doses..

 

3 number of gyms ; left the JCC, left life time fitness and now working hard at ATFitness (close to home, small and has soccer on TV!!!!)

 

4 tires I should have already swapped on my car.

 

New destinations

It’s was a light year on the travel scale but there were still additions.

To the countries count  we can only add Wales – to 44 over all

Next year will have at least 2 new destinations, where the list keeps changing from Iceland and Norway to all the Estonia and the area, to Romania, china, Peru, chilly, Tanzania….and the list goes on.

 

Oh, 1= number of international rugby games witnessed live.

20 pounds is the cost of tickets when you are lucky

1 hotel room that is unoccupied, even if they hotel receptionist claims is booked.

 

On states, there have been more extensions; south Carolina, new Hampshire, Virginia, Wyoming are the latest additions – lets recounts (also work to improve my memory)

Ohio, new Hampshire, Connecticut, new jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, new York, south Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, Mississippi, California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Kansas, Arkansas,  Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, Iowa, Illinois, Alaska, Nebraska.= 36

 

Left to go

Rhode island, Vermont, Alabama, new Mexico, south Dakota, north Dakota, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Idaho, Montana, north Carolina,  west Virginia, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky.

I already have plans for Kentucky (mammoth caves in July), Wisconsin (memorial day , 2-3 day canoe trip) Vermont (ski trip)- with a bit of luck reach 40+ next year (how the hell can I get to Alabama, why would I want to go anyway)

 

1 states was forgotten (forcing me to go to Wikipedia)….Nebraska… at least the memory is intact.

 

1 special sock I am required to wear for 2-5 years.

 

New food, this year has been interesting when I tried stuff I never considered edible before.

Asparagus, which I thought that it’s something I need to plant somewhere, was ok, not sure how cow (or whatever eat it) does not go mad with rage eating this freaky weed.

Green beans, and I actually like it (with sauce of course) and actually ,even by itself.

Tuna; tried once, in a salad with lots of stuff in it, and I survived; will not attempt again this decade.

Spinach; its good actually (with sauce….)

Fried green tomatoes ; the movie is good , not the food

Cranberry less cranberry pumpkin bread ; very good that chef made.

Flounder , good fish.

Very hungry at one point, almost ate the phone (very plasticky).

Special Lucia pound cake

 

1 missed flight

No keys/ phone left behind

1 wedding ring misplaced (but not lost) in st Louis, and will return to me next month.

 

1 completed puzzle  of a tiger

 

1 amazing race event conducted (sending racer and sister all over town)

1 dog bowl, dog carpet and bag of food purchased

0 number of dogs

 

Crazy things did this year

0 , this is an absolute shame

 

1 major mountain peak climbed (Mt Washington, highest in the north east) and no it does not count as a crazy thing.

Over all highest peak reached; Indiana , New Hampshire. – so 2

 

1 old activity returning with lots of D&D lately and having tons of fun.

 

3-4 x-rays

1 dentist visit

3 MRIs

1 cat scan (I didn’t see any cats there)

 

6 hair cuts in 6 different places (including one to almost bold)

 

1 artistic experience (chalk painting of Homer Simpson)

 

0 living grandparents L and the 1st time I witnessed death up close, a hard and impacting event.

1 beloved pet dead with Bamba, my grandmother’s dog.

 

1 briss witnessed (but looked away) of my latest nephew Rani

1st flaming take out meal in the same event

1st live Skype briss as well.

 

1 is the number of channels I am subscribed too (internet fox sports)

 

3 different positions I held at work (same company) this year)

 

New activities

Snow shoveling, Beer less beer pong, wii bowling,  and that’s it

 

0 songs in karaoke this year

 

1 theater show (39 steps, very funny)

 

Several music events: turtles, the grass roots, the monkeys, Styx, foreigner , Kansas- not a bad year after all.

 

0 games of tennis lost last year ( undefeated in Ohio… so far)

 

1 wall broken in the basement (attempt to detect something)

 

1 walk on frozen lake

 

3-4 comedy shows

 

1 museum visit

 

Several markets visit

 

1 throwing my boss to a swimming pool

1 being thrown into a swimming pool (after throwing the boss) and taking victims with me

 

1 bag of cookies brought over by the neighbors

1 bag of something we missed by not being home.

 

1 invitation to the neighbors house , and a sad defeat in Cranium.

 

1 table tennis at home

0 games of tennis table played.

 

1 new language training- Russian, still have a lot to learn, I can’t say that I know any at this time; this was one of my milestones from last year and it is still on the list.

 

1 new Springfield visited.

 

That’s it? It has been a quiet eventless year!

 

So it’s time to do the bucket list

 

1.       Write a book

2.       Finish a triathlon

3.       Go on an extreme flight  

4.       Go to every Springfield.

5.       Visit every country (or all non hostile countries)

6.       Invent something

7.       Find more items to add to this list…and do them

 

Promises

Well I promised to learn Russian, I did , but not enough, and promised to lose weight, I did but not enough

 

Next year, not in any order of importance

 

1.       reach 40 states

2.       add 3 countries (reach 5th continent by Americans count (out of 7) or 4th by the rest of the world count (out of 5))

3.       know how to ski

4.       do snow shoeing

5.       do more orienteering

6.       do Cross country ski

7.       lose 35 pounds

8.       know Russian

9.       do a triathlon

10.   canoe for 3 days

11.   visit world largest caves

12.   tackle the tower (highest building in Cleveland climb)

13.   run the warier dash (obstacle course that includes jumping over fire….I did walk on fire once, but it’s still a cool event)

14.   finish another puzzle

15.   keep blogging

16.   perhaps

a.       Zorbing

b.      See a tennis tournament of importance

c.       Climb Kilimanjaro

d.      Get below 70 unread books on the list

e.      Have 3 items on the crazy things list next year.

 

 

 

That is it, tomorrow is my last day this year (I landed in the evening of the 16th)….. I don’t think I will have items to add to the list

 

So cheers and promise to keep updating on important and other green beans related events

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

No comments: