Tuesday, November 18, 2008

from snow to sulphar

Question- who gives way in a public restroom, the person going in or the person going out.

The person going in is probably more in a hurry, so he should get right of way, but the person going out just wants to get out and he want. Oh never mind- it sounded better in my mind before I wrote this

 

I drove today in Oklahoma and a sign says- ‘wanted truck drivers- just you and Jesus’- first of all the bible never said Jesus was a truck driver, and if Jesus was here I doubt he would want too. I guess I misunderstood he sign.

Signs are another issue all together here- they are simply unclear, if they exist at all- I am driving in the main high way in OK city and the sign says – ‘the airport exit was in the exit you just missed…’

Well slight exaggeration but I saw the sign and immediacy turned right hard to make the exit- no wonder they can’t find J. there are no signs

 

We tried finding tickets to the eagles this Friday , but no luck- though I managed to see some big bird  of prey of some kind passing just in front of me on the road with some food- I don’t think it was an eagle, I think it was eating a mouse.

 

The first snow finally hit Cleveland and winter has arrived- the snowflakes barely piled on my porch and I departed for moist Oklahoma – which is the wrong time of year to visit- all the trees are hibernating , and nothing is blooming.

I was entering the city of Sulfur and I see a pillar of smoke (I have a shot of the sign and the smoke behind it)- that is something I don’t want to see- smoke in sulfur. But now it’s time to go

I will be in Colorado tonight, but not in the west – in the Rockies- but in the east where it’s flat and uneventful- but still need to make the most of it- I will find stuff to do.

 

I had a debate this week with a tool booth- apparently after I threw money at him- he pretended to be stupid and did nothing- very annoying thing from a toll booth since all you need from it- is to change the light to green so you can go- so I paid the fee again, nada- then threw some cents and still nothing. This toll booth is automatic- there are no people there- just me and the machine

So I call the number and they say just go through red – and call tomorrow to avoid a fine- the next day it happened again in the same toll (so far my success ratio in this toll is 50% 2/4)- so far the toll is winning- I paid 1-2 $ extra and probably end up with a fine- and have to prove that I paid, and called… I know I am going to hear this again and there is nothing I can do---well .

 

Have you ever been to Wisconsin? I haven’t- but the rumor is that wisconsinights speak slowww- people told strange things about me over the years- speaking slow is not one of them- but these OK people are convinced- something is wrong with the world.

 

Last weekend I went to a pot luck and beer bottling event

The pot luck is every one bring something home cooked- or that is the idea- I brought my chilly- which didn’t go very well-  my chilly requires good quality beans- like Heinz canned food- but I am having problems finding Heinz here- I thought It was an American product- but I guess I was wrong- so I tried some other brand and a can of refried beans-  and I tried that with some quality meat- the result- the chilly was embarrassed – some of the others in the meet brought some salads and some home cooked food- and then somebody bought a pizza

The reaction is amazing- so much cooked food and people chase pizza (me too)

 

The 2nd part was beer bottling- I don’t know why I joined- since I don’t drink beer, and I don’t like cleaning- so it started with cleaning the used beer bottles- sanitizing, washing and other forms of labor- then putting the home made beer in the bottles with sugar and stuff for it to brew- and a month from now- someone will enjoy my sweat, blood and beers.

 

That is it- about to depart from Oklahoma- the 29th state for me

And sorry for the lack of interest here-

 

p.s is Tobey kith a new nick name for god?- the wont shut up about it

No comments: