Thursday, November 13, 2008

A week ago I was racing with the Teflon man , us and 10 other guys

We kept passing each other, back and forth but no matter what I won all 5 races (by winning I mean I was before him)

In one of the races I was leading the entire race- a surprise – and I saw the finish line- and then the car stopped- right on the finish line- I raised my hands in victory

I assumed it was over- but apparently a lightning bolt hit the cart

So 2 guys passed me (not including Mr shai Teflon herman) before I made the extra meter to cross

Yes wii racing is fun.

 

 

A busy 10 day in Israel just ended- jumping from one event to another, meeting family and friends and missing some friends, sorry there are only 24 hours a day

 

We went for a day trip to the Tavor- a mountain on my list for a long time- we parked the cart in the bus terminal in a village known for stealing your car(and getting away with it)

And went up the Israel trail to a short but very steep climb to the top of the mountain( where Sisra was defeated and Jesus  was transformed) and took the trail surrounding the peak and there we encountered an unknown animal

It looked like a small bear cub, brown as big as a dog but wider, flat back and walks like a bear- but there are no bears in Israel other than in the zoo- I assumed it was a badger (Girit) and found confirmation in websites that there are badgers there, but rarely seen- so my luck with animals continues

We circulated the peak till we reached the church of transformation- and noticed the signs saying service (in a coffee shop) is given only to pilgrims- very nice views from the top

On Saturday after a tshulnt lunch we did a barbeque at arsuf while the sun was setting.

Watch step brothers which was hilarious as much as it was stupid and it was very very stupid.

 

On Tuesday I walked in to the kalfi (voting place) with my brothers party shirt- campaigning is not allowed inside the complex- but no one stopped me at the gate- only inside the room- some one noticed and some discussion occurred between the committee, weather I should be allowed to vote or not

The chairman decided to let me vote and told the annoying b…ch who was an observer write her objections to the voting protocol

The discussion ended when I offered to wear my shirt inside out, and so I did

I voted for my brothers party of course and the mayor vote was another things- not liking the current one or the opposition- I wanted to place an empty ballot- which means nothing but a vote of protest

Those were not available – so I had to ask- and the .eac. remarked softly ‘those meretz wiseasses ’

I was truly pissed by her comment- most things passed through me but some hit the mark ( I don’t know why this bothered me so)- and wanted to slap her or something- but it’s wrong to harm animals

So after placing the ballot – I told her loud – that what she is doing is campaigning- she should not allowed to dismiss a party while she is working there- and told her to write that in the protocol

And felt vindicated

 

When the day was done- and record breaking 5 (of 19) for  the party-  it was known that 10% of voters for mayor placed an empty ballot- I think this high number though has no official meaning- is a major vote of protest for the mayor who will remain there for 5 years more.

 

That night I got a departing party from my good friends- thank you for coming and then went to the party headquarters to wait for the results – a news photographer arrived after the victory speech and wanted us to recreate the happiness – so I gave him instead some photos that I took- so perhaps my name will be in the paper – I can start a new career.

 

In the last months I had a canceled flight due to plains being grounded, changed flights for lack of payments, delayed flight, but never a miss flight-till now

A short connections and long security lines- caused me to run to my gate- only to find out- that it was changed to the other side of the airport and arriving on time- but the flight had already left…

So spending a quality morning at the airport waiting 4 more hours till the next flight.

 

On the plane they had a very nice on demand personal TV per passenger- so I took the head set and opened them- but pulled the cord too hard and the wires ripped- must be a sing I thought so I resumed sleep mode, 5-7 hours later, I got bored of sleeping but didn’t want to bother the couple next to me (window seat) so I waited for the isle food tray person to pass by- I guess they were busy- so I waited more instead of going to them to get another set- so after reading and finishing my book- the plane landed, and as I got up- I noticed another head set right next to me.

 

Flying in 1:40 minutes- time to do some work- see you back in February

 

 

 

No comments: