Tuesday, January 6, 2009

is there anything OK in this state

Strange here in Oklahoma, you look outside and the grass is yellow, like summer in the Golan heights

But it is cold, around 0 Celsius, but the winds make it much colder- there is a drought here – hence yellow grass.

 

So I was driving by deer and buffalo, but it’s doesn’t count since they are in farms, behind a fence- so no wild life yet this trip

 

I was booked at the Hampton Inn, my favorite chain hotel, but I changed it since it’s not close enough to where I am

 

In Michigan, we spent quite a few night in cheap motels and they appeared to be clean, here it is not the case.

I got to my room after 9pm, and I was awake from around 4am so didn’t feel like changing hotels- I should have

The room is by far the worse I have stayed in the US- and this rivals past notorious locations, like

Bug night isle deabu abua, france

Natzi hostel near venice

Night of smurfs feet , NZ

La quinta, Miami

And my apartment before cleaning day

Each one of the above deserve a page of its own

 

You can tell something is wrong if when you come in and turn on the light, there is no light

Or once you figure out it’s a combo of 2 switches- that the 3rd lamp is not working

Or by the piles of dust on the iron- I actually only iron in hotels (since I don’t have an iron)

The sounds from the A.C can happen to all old A.C, but I could do without it

You can also suspect if the room smells heavily of air spray- you don’t smell bad smells but you know something is off

 

I guess the best clue and easiest to spot is if the sheets are not white- any other color in a hotel , you know it’s for hiding stains- so this is clue #1

Here they were light blue- I think they may have been white at some point- full of holes – no visible stains- lucky for once- but the invisible stains are more disturbing.

My problem is that I like to sleep like the matrix made me- naked. it doesn’t matter where- even in a sleeping bag

- but here – no way- long shirt and pants-

 

The night started bad a few hours before ,when I went to get dinner and everything was closed but my least favorite junk food place- sonic- I even prefer that clown restaurant with the straw tasting burgers

 

So I went to the super market for some real food- they looked like they are about to close- so I ask- are you closing, they say no

The last cashier is closing the register- so I ask again- are you closing- they say no

I am less then a minute there when they start turning off the lights!!!

2 employees unlock the door for me as I leave a couple of minutes later

 

Today I went to eat a bit earlier so I had a wider selection- pizza hut

So I go in and they look like they are about to close- (sounds familiar?) so I ask- well you know what

The answer is the same

So I try the buffet- which has 4 types of pizza

Pepperoni with pineapple

Pepperoni and mushroom

Ground beef and mushroom

Pepperoni, ground beef, onion and mushroom

Amazed by the selection I remembered that I dislike mushrooms

Lucky I had 1 option, that with a great salad of lettuce, croutons and 1000 island sauce (not a good sauce this time)- and no carrots

So I start to eat, and of course they ask me after 5 minutes If I want something more- since they are closing the buffet

All you can eat indeed- but you can’t have any 30 minutes before closing time

The pizza was anything but hut- so I better try my luck at the supermarket again

I switched rooms at the hotel this morning after I complained- and I think they made an extra effort to clean my new room

 

The sheets are not white, but they look clean- so wish me a clean night

And if any one replies with ‘don’t let the bed bugs bite’- I am going to send you some by email.

 

 

Cheers

Go to go- they are closing

 

 

No comments: