Monday, January 12, 2009

our precious shachar's Zal funeral

 

A fellow blogilister having heard of the Sachar tragedy – wrote the below comment –

I know you will all be touched, as I was.

The below comment was not written by me and I bring it to you uncensored, un cut and un spell checked (and you can’t judge a man, or a woman in this case in her time of grief)

 

Will be held tomorrow in Cleveland at 10:00 am.

TSA members are absolutely band from this unfortunate event.

 

Eulogy

Our beloved shachar was adored by kids and adults alike. It was always there for you when you needed to cheer up, had a late night craving, or pesach - to make that matza extra good for you. It was best of friends, never let anyone down - reliable, sweet, full of richness and heavenly goodness. 

With a very sad heart and even sadder pallet, I have come to realize that schachar will not be among us anymore. Shachar was with us for just a short time, it was only a baby. It came just for us straight from Israel (if it only knew...) It is now in the hands (probably more correctly in the trash) of what I call our most heartless, insensible and dense enemy - The Transportation Security Administration! How can they ever lay hands on such an Innocent, tasty shachar! This is cruelty of 1st degree, and do it in front of it's greatest beloveds!!!! That is incomprehensible!!! Their last words to him were "its not of the right consistency!" and he never saw it again. Shachar's greatest fan had to pass the horrific news to it's other more recent fan - not an easy thing to do. She was devastated, and they are both in mourning now. Please pass your condolences to them.

Thank you, and may we all have better days.

 

 

Back to blogging (3 in one day, must be a record)

It is very ironic.

Few years back I was volunteering for a few times for ‘keren la’truma; la- ‘ hevra’ (the foundation for donation to society )- this group- donated food for needy families- but not money- they had volunteers stand in front of super markets- and asking shoppers- to purchase one more item.

Rice, flower, baby food, dippers, honey, sugar… one of the basics. Then spread the food to needy families. This group did not handle money- since money with these groups- always some of it will go to the wrong hands- but food- all of it went to where it was needed.

My meretz brother was very active there- I was not that active- I stood in supermarkets a few times to gather the food.

The irony is that today, I was wearing their TShirt on me- as my Sachar was taken from me (hoping to a good cause).

p.s yes shai , it is MY T-shirt.

 

Oh- I came home- and there is no food here (and no reason to buy, since tomorrow I am away again), if only I had my Sachar- had to settle for Nutela- it’s ok,  I guess, but not the same

 

No comments: