Wednesday, July 21, 2010

the cripple diaries

It’s amazing how simple things become difficult.

Washing hands after dinner require getting up, walking a few steps, standing on the good leg, washing then going back to sit, a very slow process.

Its lucky I am almost not in pain, the 1st step after I get up is bad, but the rest are just fine. 2 days with no pain meds, very soon after surgery is a very good indication.

So I spend my days half working half watching movies

Armored is not a must, Australia should be kept down under, duplicity should never be seen- hoping next movies will be of better quality.

When I pass by the pack of water bottles, I throw some on the couch so I wouldn’t need to get up again.

Gave myself a sponge bath today, never did that before (need to add to the yearly summary), since I cannot shower yet, must keep the stitches dry, I think I am allowed to shower tomorrow with some water proof bandages.

 

House hunting is not easy when you can’t really climb stairs, we have a potential house with is in the forest, my mom and Alla went to see it today and saw deer in the back yard!!! How awesome.

 

Physical therapy is easy so far and kind of boring, but I try to keep the schedule, it will be painful in days to come when the exercises becomes more intense.

 

It’s not easy finding interesting things to write about when you are stuck at home.

 

Knowing I would be stuck at home I arranged my 2nd east vs west games.

Last year it was a fundraiser , today I was hoping it would be just a fun event. I had 9 people enrolled which is less than what I hoped it would be, but only 3 showed up.

This time I intended the games to be Americans vs foreigners – but how can you split 3 into 2 groups. Greg who is Ukrainian born, but is an American now was the American group, jadira from south American and I were the foreigners, we just played backgammon and headed home. Someone else came after an hour and a half, saw that we were only 3 and drove away (what a bitch!). I was kind of depressing, but no time to dwell on that, at least I tried doing something fun, will consider doing the 3rd annual next summer.

I have seen ‘despicable me’- go watch it- a fun funny cartoon.

 

I think the trouble with crutches is that you cannot carry anything with you, since both your hands are taken, I think a new kind of crutch is needed with some kind of pocket or hanger, that would make my life a lot easier, I would be surprised if this is not already invented.

 

Ok its late, I’m taking my magic legs and going to bed, 15 meters away or less – will take a few minutes…..

 

 

No comments: