Monday, December 21, 2009

what a bunch of dxxcks

If you recall, I was unable to get a bicycle from a certain store, after a few attempts

And now Maya my niece in laws twice removed..or something  goes happily to Dicks (the same sporting goods store) and tries to get new ski boots. And what happens? The ski dude is sick!!! What the fudge is going on, is the ski guy and the bike guy the same guy? Did he not get well in months? How can they get out of the recession if they prevent buyers from buying. I don’t get it. Well this event reminded me of my long lost bike and I went on line to the site of the above store. And let me tell you, the web site I arrived had many things but bikes was not one of them.

 

Few more Oklahoma issues I forgot to mention.

It started on the way there, with a 6:45 flight, it is wise to leave home at let’s say 5:30 the latest (only because cleveland airport is a great one (no lines)) so why did I leave at 5:50… usually I don’t have begs so no worries, only carry on, but this time I had 2 – since I was delivering a server. arriving at the airport at 6:08 left no time to park, get on the bus (you need one for the economy parking) so I went curb site, checked in and rushed to the economy parking and had a couple of minutes to catch my breath, you think I would learn something, well think again.

 

Friday after noon , about to leave the ok state. I check my flight and see 7:45 pm, and I have plenty of time, returning my car and arriving a little after 5:30, I check in and get a buzz from the machine that I have a late check in. dumbfounded I stare at the board…and realize I was looking at the connection flight, and my flight is in 15 minutes… I run to security and wait…small line but takes forever. I forget to take off my shoes and they don’t even notice it (but even terrorist have better things to do than come to Oklahoma). And run to the gate,  somehow made it on time and boarded the plane last but actually found a free window seat (curtsey of an elderly couple- guy takes the isle and wife takes the middle seat). Quick stop in st, Louis and wait for a delayed connection (nothing like a delay on the way home) and again I board late (check late board late) and once more a guy on the isle and his wife (another couple) in the middle giving me a window seat… the simple things in life… I don’t have another trip scheduled (good) but I will probably come late again… (p.s my suit case did not arrive!)

 

I was asking what is the Christmas spirit and was told its good will towards man and being irritated from the shopping lines. Not sure about the 1st or the 2nd reason, the store was kind of empty and the bicycle were cheap but I didn’t have room in the car so no bike yet.

 

We went to the Christmas story house. I am (or used to be) a great movie fanatic, but this movie I didn’t know.  Apparently it was a big 80s hit and was shot in cleveland. Americans being able to make anything in to a museum, did not fails here. 1 regular house is a souvenir shop, another house is the actual house from the movie with everything inside preserved as it, and another house is a museum on the movie.

Many people (not I) knew about this house and the lines were long (even though it was cold) people took photos and were generally very excited. In the museum they had one of the minor actresses from the movie sign autographs and asks people if they recognize her (I didn’t , didn’t see the movie remember!). now I have to find the movie to see what the fuss is all about.

 

Did you hear about the Morgans, if so, don’t bother seeing it, it’s cute but no more.

 

Ski season is upon on and hopefully this weekend I will crash again on the snow, my goal is to defeat the bunny hill (the beginners\kids level) snow reports will come soon

 

Cheers and happy Chanukah, Christmas, quanza or whatever you celebrate

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: