Wednesday, December 2, 2009

what is typhoon tea

I am seating here on the porch outside my brother’s neighbor  house. I came a bit early and there is no one here for 20 minutes more on a chilly night. The neighbor after asking me what I was doing here (lurking outside) invited me to her porch, and now went in and got me some hot typhoon earl grey tea, which is ok, but the warmth is great. I am underdressed for this weather.

Tried to do some work but no internet so nothing to do but blog.

 

I think i covered everything on the cruise. Let see, food, check, activities, check, rubber lady check, bingo, who cares, dancing check….

 

Next we had the excursions

1st shore day was Roatan Hunduras. We got a driver for a cheap price, who drove us around the island. At first we went for the zip line. I have considered zip line to be the farshiest of the extremes-since you don’t do much but sit down. The last zip line I was on was amazing from the viewpoints it offered but was not all that exciting. But I soon found the other side of zip lining. Tricks!. Before I would sit, but in this place, they let us and actually expected us to experiment. You start with no hands, then lean back wards with totally trusting the wire, then sort of jump, act like superman, or simply lean back straight, it is hard to explain but you can do all sorts of things and that was awesome! It was 12-15 zip lines one after the other and other than one incident that I crashed into the guide, all was well. (the guide is fine now, but look like in some pain at the time,,,,we left him a tip).

After the zip line, we went into the monkey cages. the have capuchin monkeys, the same that Ross had. Tiny cute things. So I go in to the cage and try to seduce a monkey with a banana. This doesn’t work!, I guess they are going ape sh#t from all these bananas. I keep trying by standing close to them, till one of them jumps on my shoulder and poses to the camera. Another on joins and the 1st stand on my neck and starts looking in my hair. I don’t have tics, or do I? the monkey continued doing things that wrong, i can now say I was molested by a monkey (not sure if it was male or female), eventually there were 3 monkeys on me doing forbidden things. After that I went to the parrots cage. Huge Jacko  parrots were there, but they let a smaller green one sit on your shoulder, one of them did and then my co pirate tried to seduce the parrot to her shoulder, the parrot resisted and moved to my other shoulder, I was laughing , it was funny, eventually the parrot gave up and Alla got her photo opp.

 

From there we stop for a quick rest stop and drove to a mangrove tour. We went in to little boats , and noticed that Maya, was left sleeping in the van! Lucky we noticed it before we took off, or we would have one unhappy kid. These small boats took us on the tour and we got to see lots of houses situated on the ocean, some on stills, about to fall and other more  fancy houses on top of the hills. Our boat was not shaded, and it was hot. The trip went on through a canal made by the mangroves; the roots were visible very clearly and the tops created a canopy, so it was a natural tunnel, a  unique experience. On the way we noticed a box from Wal-Mart Honduras , on the side of the canopy. The was not good, since Wal-Mart here, ruins the 3rd world country experience; I wanted to take a picture of the box, but when we returned to that spot, few minutes late, it was gone! Since we seen no one there, it was bizarre; are Honduras people alien? Or just magicians, or just quick at box transfer; this will forever remain a mystery.

 

From there we went to the beach. This was a private beach, and a long island just close to the beach closes on it and creates a natural lagoon, with warm shallow water, and lots of palm trees which result in the ultimate relaxation beach. We swam to the other side of the lagoon and back (not that long), then played sharks. Sharks is a new game for me, a sort of tag (tofeset), but trying to escape 4 kids chasing you is not an easy task. After about an hour and some on the beach we went back to the ship and managed to buy a durable bag at one of the many markets.

 

We said our good bye to Honduras and returned to the mobile food fast.

 

 

The next days was underwater Belize.

You may Belize it or not but this country is under sea level. It is protected by a great barrier reef, so a bad storm can wipe them out…

Belizeans are scared from height (since they are so low) and from the cold (since its always hot) and they use the term refreshing to state that it is cold.

 

We took a touristic tour of cave tubing. I did such a thing once before in new Zealand and was looking forward for my most anticipated of excursions. Before we boarded the bus, a local woman came to us and introduced herself as charmaine and offered to braid the kids hairs. She was promising good service and asked the kids to look for her when the tour was done, the kids (maya, Pauline, misha and Arielle) stood next to me and charmaine kept referring to me as daddy, daddy don’t worry, daddy this and that… no one has called me that before…

A few minutes later 2 other braiders came and offered the same things then maya told them that charmaine said the same things, and then they started a monologue (duologue since there were 2 of them) that charmaine was not in the union, and so unsafe and blab bla bla. With a large group of anti union Russians, the no union was not the best argument to convince us. Charmain came again and we told her what the other 2 said, and she admitted not being in the union and said she is still better and don’t worry daddy…

 

Ok time to board again….

To be continued

 

 

No comments: