Wednesday, June 10, 2009

back to normal or just another 24 hours

 

My Dad picks us up and drives us to the airport on your standard 26 hours trip back home.

The first hours are usual

We check in, return my rented phone 

When we are asked by the counter girl to not to bring water or other liquids on the plane (even if purchased within the duty free compound ) Alla remembers what Moti said (that this was possible) and asks me how in front of the counter girl. I try to give Alla the, ask me later face, but I guess my face says ask me again, so she does. I have no choice but to reply and admit, that Moti puts his water bottle or whatever he takes on the plane in the bag, simply declares that he doesn’t have any -  this is not the security check point, just the boarding clerks. I reveal this fact to the amusement of the counter girl and the shock of Alla.

 

So we pass by the shops before security, then go through security and then, even though there is nothing to shop in the duty free, barely escape with few necessity items like chocolates and gifts and more stuff. The important item is chives regal, which is the 1st item purchased for the wedding, I have to stock up on liquor for the thirsty guests (I will have a shake or a prishake). So if you fly out, please pick up Vodka’s few more bottles of scotch and miscellaneous, ask before you fly…

 

So, ignoring the above paragraph , we entered the plane with the much needed Bourikas and  carton of Yotvata shoko. Shoko of course is not a liquid. So we had no problem taking it on the plane (hidden in the bag)

We got our seats by some lady who took the isle, and quickly chose another seat when offered to by the stewardess. She simply relocated to another isle seat, why has she done that? I showered that week… not nice, well never mind, she must have had her reasons, but we had 3 seats to share so why should I care. A great flight, slept half of it in parts – watched a couple of movies (Taken and something else)  and the fact that I don’t remember the rest suggest on the quality.

Later our relocating neighbor got sick or agitated and they actually used the PA and asked for a doctor, I think she is ok.

 

We had an issue with the seat Nazi. [this is nothing against stewardess in general, just this one]. I buckle up the belt like Seinfeld taught me, and sleep on the side. I have done it many times before on various airline. Few buckle checkers pass by and are ok with this. But this one wakes me up and insists that I sit up. Sit up, I like to lean back in the chair or slouch, sitting up is not for me –she says it’s only for 10 minutes till we are airborne. 10 minutes my sit [the thing just above the sit], we are already waiting for 30 minutes, who says you have to sit -  show me the regulation? The sit nazzi was having an off day. There was a supervisor on board who criticized her on something or other, so she took it out on my need to sleep body.

 

We made it on time to Newark and for the 1st time I entered the shorter line for citizens and resident- not that I am any of those, but Alla is and they let us stick together which was nice. But in the line, once we have made it to the short line of a single booth, the booth dude left for about 5 minutes and we just waited. This is usually not a problem, but when you have a connection in Newark in under an hour, it’s a big deal. We made it through and picked up the luggage. Unfortunately we announced that we have ‘dead sea products’. Which we had, we are still unsure as to who, but the costumes agents heard Seeds  and sent us to the agriculture extra checks area  –  this is after a drug dog sniffed our bags (and found nothing). Again, these tests are not an issue, unless you have a connection in 45 minutes.

The test went well and the drop off bags guy told us our flights is delayed for 2 hours, which rendered the problem of a connection in 40 minutes obsolete.  What he should have told us that the flight was canceled and we had to transfer to a later flight, cancel and delay are completely other things.

 

So, oblivious to previous unlearned lessons, we go through security again where the security guy find something in the bag…

This shall continue tomorrow, I am dead tierd…. Only 13 hours so far , still 13 to go

 

 

No comments: