Tuesday, June 23, 2009

save your love

For months now I had a song on the tip of my Google search and I was unable to find it, you probably at one point did a similar search or asked people and hummed to them, I have done this a few times in the past. All I remembered was it was a male and female love duet, partially in Italian, the guy sounded like an opera singer and the girl did not. Seems like a lot to go on, but still didn’t help.

Today I went in for a search and struck musical gold. The 1st site I found was for a guy looking for the same song; didn’t know the name either; it was a forum, and the only people talking were the asker, and this guide with a logo of a zombie (not a very romantic zombie), somewhere on page 2 , I found my answer.

A quick YouTube search (now that I have the name) and viola save your love.

 

A bit of a nostalgic day, after the two month strike at the open university where I go ended, I am returning to home work; so I had to choose some valid entertainment while I am reading the course book. Got for classic movies. Citizen Kane, a clockwork orange (“the mechanical orange”) , and new classics of ant bully and miss congeniality 2. I think I may seen miss 2, but not sure; this is a fitting movie since it requires no concentration; but unfortunately the DVD is bad, so I moved to ant bully (cartoon) which was equally bad. Lucky the relatively new film, citizen Kane proved a quality movie and I finaly get what rosebud is (nothing to do with my information systems course though).

 

So it is Monday again and I spent my day at work while Alla hangs with my mom and sister again, I forget exactly what they did each day, in the evening after I returned from work, a friend of Alla’s came to the house and after wards we went for my dad for dinner; not much occurred this day.

Tuesday was the day of bloom and blooma, I was working and alla went (guess with who) to the market and to nachalat Binyamin and greatly enjoyed the artists display and the great fruit, more burekas and others.

I went later to do some paper work related with insurance- and forgot to bring with me some needed paper work (typical); the annoying insurance clerk showed me emailed asking me to bring them (who saves outgoing mail…), no worries,  she was just doing her job.

After that I went to meet alla at a child hood friend of her moms. I arrive on time and alla is delayed in the market. I have the house number but not the family name. so I hang out side a building in ben yehuda street. And a woman comes in, sees me looking around and asks me what I am seeking. I ask if she knows blooma. And blooma answers “I am blooma”. We quickly exchange queries on the location of alla. And understand that she has not arrived. Apparently she was waiting for Alla outside on the street , and for some reason she guessed I was myself (she didn’t know I would arrive by myself). We went up to her apartment and began a nice conversation , while trying to avoid being forced to eat (the problem with visiting people is that everyone offers you food; I am not skinny, If I say I am full, I really am!!!). alla came later and the talk moved to Russian with a very excited blooma and lots more food which I straggled to ignore, but didn’t do very well. The discussion went on, and I moved to needed snuch position on the couch. Woke up an hour and something later with 6 eyes staring at me. 2 belonged to blooma, 2 to alla and 2 to Blooma’s son. A few minutes later we headed out equipment with a goodbye Egozi gift ; but a bad Egozi; well you can’t enjoy them all. From there we moved to search various wedding halls. Kidmat eden was Alla’s favorite, but not mine- too big for my taste, though nice with a big pool; I don’t want to get married by a pool. This is considered a good place, so it was added on the list. From there we went on only to scare a fox crossing the road; I knew it was a sign, but not sure to what (pro or against this place), all I know it was a sign. The tapuz in basra is actually a restaurant, but for a very small wedding this place is perfect; the place is filled with the scent of cedar from the orange orchard, wooden rustic floors and great shakes. This was my new small favorite. We moved to another tapuz in rishpon and got into a debate on the affect of messy walkways on the happiness of wedding guests. This Tapuz was also nice, but not as the previous ones’ so we got some dance lights ideas and went back to derech eretz (the place with the photographer) for a closer look, price checks and other details. This place was now by far our leading number one. Iwas ready to close (since looking too much was not something I wanted to spend my time here on, and how much better can other places be? Really? If you like a place , it’s good enough. The hunt for better will tier you. The only problem that we had to wait for a while to see if this place gets license for the next year and it was by far not cheap.
with that I went to work the next day and alla went with my mom and….got you… my dad to Jerusalem for a visit in the Kotel,  a VIP tour in the Knesset and the old city. Armed with Jerusalem bagels , alla stopped by the office on the way back for an office tour. We went to old Jaffa for a ‘just us’ evening. Walked around in the romantic areas, and wished whatever we wished on the wishing bridge, watched the sun set over the sea and enjoyed the breeze. Later we met friends in a trendy (but humming with mosquitoes) beach bar for a nice evening of drinks (coke) and chatting.

On Thursday I left for work and alla went with my sister and her friend Tami (who lost a lot and looks very good; but my friends are not tall enough) to a museum which I never visited in Tel Aviv. And a visit to Andrei ice cream (contender for best in Israel) and brought me a very very yami shawarma (best in Israel according to tammi ; and I don’t disagree). Michal went to work and I left with Alla heading south to Eilat.

On the road to Eilat I will tell tomorrow, I need sleep and to listen to the song one more time

Cheers and save your love, for Roma and for me.

 

 

No comments: