Sunday, December 14, 2008

corruption of the best kind

Watching Narnia for the 2nd time is different

This time on the small screen , with too many commercial and troubleshooting at the same time

It makes it a bit less efficient – the watching I mean

The story is still simple and the effects appear more computer like on this screen, but somehow it is more impressive – I don’t know why

 

The wind is blowing out side- a rainy day-not fitting for ski- so I went snow hiking

Snow hiking is simple- you just hike in the snow- but after 2 rainy days and warm temperatures (>0) the snow is gone

So snow hiking becomes mud hiking- but still nice to hike after a couple of hike less months- and 3 hours is a good exercise to almost loose the calories from breakfast

 

Usually 3 hours will be good enough but meals of corruptions were eaten yesterday and this morning

By people who are sick of takeout food, I was asked to find something homemade/ original – I like a challenge

I thought of making a tchulnt –the weather was perfect for that-  never made one before- but cutting potatoes at night—nehhhheee

 

So I entered a supermarket and started browsing- most standard big markets here are about as big as Mega in Israel-

So I was surprised to find a much bigger one- and surprised to get lost inside. it’s not because of size- but order- - it bothers me where people are disorganized
I saw the cheese area- so I looked for haloumi- wasn’t there, then in another area- there was another cheese section- a whole section of Spanish cheese

The Italian cheese was elsewhere, the Greek in another location,  don’t get me started on the regular cheeses

So I kept looking back – since it didn’t make sense- this market is kind of into health food- lots of gluten free, soy, corn and all the other supplements

Have you ever tasted a rice ice cream?    Yes rice cream – that can’t be good

They even had soy milk made from rice!

I finally saw something I never made before, knew how to make it, and did not involve much work- chocolate fondue

The light bulb lit in my head, I added strawberries and then I saw something better- crepes – never made crepes- but it looks easy- you take the already made crepe and warm it in a pan- simple

My eyes would not let me take the fondue back, so I added ice cream, B&J, and Nutella  (I must find Sachar chocolate here- no meal is complete without it)

Poor alla comes home at midnight from the library (3 tests next week, day after day) and they wander why pharmacists become addicted- and we share the corruption meal- of all items bought + bananas (oh and good quality chocolate milk- most supermarket major chains chocolate milk here is not good- local stuff is usually better)

Another corruption meal for breakfast before the mud hike- and now I owe the world 200 calories

 

In the hike- I was in these woods before but have not noticed these birds- red cardinals and blue Jay-  they are the size of Drara- but red for the cardinal and blue for the blue jayJ

They say the blue jay is an annoying bird- picks on other birds- what would you expect – you would too if they called you blue gay

I also spotted a hawk – sitting on a branch right above me- he flew away before the camera got him- but I got a very good look from close distance (oh that hawk can be, eagle, buzzard, falcon… I can’t tell them apart)

 

The economy crisis is felt here- stores are going under- so what can I do to help- shop there when prices are low- it’s for the greater good

This time circus circus (mostly known as circuit city) the electronics giant- so I quickly ran the coordinates in my head and thought GPS

It was a sickening display – people hovering over merchandise like vultures (or buzzards, eagles..) on a corpse- disgusting- I only wish I knew about it sooner

But even on a close out sale- the prices were high- higher than other stores I visited for a GPS- I must have been to 5 stores and decided not to buy- I rather get lost

So went out again with no GPS- and no help to the economy

 

p.s – the disorganized comment was a joke

p.s 2- there is no soy milk made from rice

p.s3 rice cream is a real product- I prefer broccoli

 

 

 

No comments: