Thursday, December 18, 2008

have you ever made a duck fart

Tough week this week- I guess the lowest point was waking up for no reason, in some hour that should not exist and seeing an image of a cart

Just so you understand, for those blogilees who are not from work- we sell carts- amongst other things- I rarely speak of work stuff here .

So  I was awake and still hadn’t opened my eyes , but I saw a cart very clearly – like after working on them recently- the image was burned to my eye lid, like a screen saver on a screen.

I prefer seeing nice things when I on that half sleep half awake stage- stars are nice- so maybe it was the small dipper  (‘Agala ktana’)- you have to know Hebrew to get this one.

Do you know how to speak Jewish?- for the 2nd time in the US – I was asked that question-

 

Duck fart in case you didn’t know is a name of a drink- I don’t know what you had in mind- I have no idea how it’s made- just heard the name and thought it was worth mentioning

 

Missed a few meals this week which is probably not a bad thing- but today it was Houlihan’s- slightly bit more than your average restaurant chains- but not by much.  me and houlihans go way back.

Almost a decade ago- I was touring the west coast and reached a nice touristic ‘so called’ authentic fishing village of Sausalito , close to san Francisco, and we enjoyed the harbor and find( linda? Is it find or found- its past but descriptive)  a nice little local place- I order a simple meal- just a chicken sandwich- which is good- but the sauce is Great- some mixture of honey mustard- with whatever the cook added that day… so here I am with a memory of a great find- and in some later trip- I see it in another city- the memory is ruined for all times- but the sauce is still excellent-it never fails- had one more tonight mmmm…

At one visit to new York- I actually took sauce from that restaurant and brought it back to Israel- I guess they still speak of that idiot who took sauce in a doggy bag – but sadly it was summer time- and the sauce suffered from a severe get gel and was pronounced dead upon landing by a nearby thresh bin.

Wait 5 minutes- going to put clothes in the drier

 

Ok, back

I had an interesting desert this week- an original Florida key lime pie- I don’t know how original it is- since its in Cleveland- but if that the real deal- than no more-

Boy, that is one sour pie, but you want more- each bite you shake from the sourness and it does not improve with the next bite- forget coffee, if you want to wake up- just have this pie

 

From all precipitation and wind – snow, rain, hail and such- real ice is something that hadn’t happen here yet-

Usually it takes 2-3 minutes to scrape the car from snow- but you are not scraping since you simply push it off- I had no idea why to call this device an ice scraper- some things are better left undetected. Just a bit of ice- made me spend precious frozen minutes trying to scrape it off.

That little biti icy night- I could not open my car window- frozen shut- not nice since I have to open the door for the garage thing (which is my obsession of the month it seems) – and after that I could not see my side mirror- so I assumed more ice. The strange thing happened next morning- I could not see through that mirror again- but my car is parked inside- the pipes leak there- but actual rain is rare underground- and ice belongs above ground- lava is below (until it breaks)- so I was puzzled – then it came to me- the mirror was not icy- simply pointing up- from the scraping the night before- the sky is so gray here in the morning hours- that you don’t even notice the sun.

 

I have been noticing lately that I get more remarks of not being understood in English- it didn’t happen when I got here- this mean I more comfortable and speaking faster- not like in Hebrew (or Jewish) but fast enough – need to spend a month in Wisconsin- to slow down.

 

I receive my first holiday card this week, and so far my only one, hint hint… never thought about sending one- will consider for next year- remind me around November.

 

Are you familiar with a pain you get from an unfitting shoe – the edge hit just below your ankle and scrapes it- it doesn’t really hurt- just very annoying since you feel it in every step- so pair #1 caused it in the hike the previous weekend- so went with another pair the next day- still no luck.

On day 3- I went with another pair- and no pain- luck would you say- not this time- this one had a thorn- simply not my week.

 

But things are about to change

Well Friday is upon us- and a holiday valley weekend has come- skiing weekend- hopefully to be able to stop in any slope with is steeper  than flat ground, or walk on anything with just a slight elevation- both things I couldn’t do well last week, report on the progress will come in due time.

 

See you on the slopes and happy hanooka every one.

Remember- the best thing about a Sufgania is that you can take it- remove the useless riba filling and eat the rest…

 

 

No comments: