Saturday, December 13, 2008

if its broken, dont fix it

I fail to understand the need to fix everything, some things should not be fixed

I bet a lot of dogs would agree with me

My house gate is now broken, and has been for the last week- now they want to fix it

When it is broken  I simply drive into the underground parking lot- if they fix it- I will have to open the window, pick the door device and place it next to the sensor outside to open the gate- not a big deal usually- but it’s cold now!!!- so why are they fixing…

 

Well still more past stores never told

The flight was due at 7:15, we were suppose to meet at 5:15 pack quickly and go- usually in Cleveland- leaving for the airport in less than an hour and a half before the flight is ok- but less is risky on a sunny morning- this was evening on the 1st snow week off the year where everyone drives extra slow and traffic is heavier than normal.

So I quickly pack my stuff, including every warm thing I have, 3 wool hats (none of them was on my head when I returned from this week- 2-3 blogs ago, a scarf and pool goggles). It was 5.20 and my pharmacist was still not back from work- to pack her stuff.

I call and offer to pack for her, she is smart and says no- she must have seen me pack before.

So time goes by 5:40- and I call and offer to pack again- she remembers the flight at 7:15 but forgets the cut off time!

5:45 I don’t listen anymore and start packing the extra stuff and bring all the stuff in – she says- 5 minutes away- when she hits the notorious light by my house (yesterday I stood there for 8! Minutes, and I was the 2nd car)- so of course it takes longer- 5:55 she arrives- and packs at an unbelievable speed of 6.7 folded clothes a minute. And we rush out side- the info we don’t know is how long is the cut off time- I Google it up as she is focuses on the road- and we breathe easier when we find its 30 minutes (after that, they don’t guarantee your suitcases will make the flight- and one thing you want on a trip is your clothes and pool goggles.) at 6:37 we make it to the airport and luckily there was not much traffic (Cleveland is ok with traffic – since all those people with money to buy cars have moved out…)

We are debating the best parking way- the economy parking is cheapest (my usual parking spot) but it will be too slow, valet parking is to expensive- no time we go with the valet- we rush to the curb side check in, and one bag is over the limit- so I quickly pool out some stuff, the shower bag (not mine, my things are scattered in nylon bags, various assortments, of stuff- so I can never find anything)- but some people are organized – it’s their fault- you will soon know why.

We check our bags at 3 minutes before the cut off time… now we made it and have some free few minutes to park-we had out , make the wrong turn and exit the airport, quick loop around- and back in- park- take our coats and run- to the airport, then hit security

Now the organized people remember that security do not like stuff in shower bags- a quick debate over what to do ends with ‘it’s only shampoo’

So we go in and watch the security strip the bag of more items then remembered- including various hair sprays, shampoo, - around 6-7 bottles of stuff that can take plains down if ever was allowed to be on the plain (you can gel the wheels and then the plain would not be able to break, or spray the eyes of the airborne drink cart person).

So liquids down the drain- or probably to the homes of airport personnel- still only 15 minutes to departure- and Cleveland airport is small- not much to run- unless you are in terminal D

It was our lucky D day. So we run to C and go in a long tunnel with those walkways- and one of them is not working-

We run up the escalator then turn to the end of terminal D- we think we make it- but then stairs (not the ones that move in the airport- actual stairs- I didn’t know they had those anymore here) and another tunnel – we make it to the plain barely on time.

And then the plain of course waits on the ground 20 minutes more after the scheduled time…

 

Lessons:

Remember where you park your car

Don’t board the plane with liquids

If you have 3 hats- wear one when needed

Pool goggles are useless in the snow

 

 

No comments: