Wednesday, December 10, 2008

how to (not) pay a fine

I don’t remember the last time I had to lick an envelope, but I think I would have remembered it being so bhhhhaaaa (this is not a spelling error)

 

So in order to avoid the baahhhanes of licking an envelope you should follow these directions

 

First – as you drive in the night at Oregon (this happened somewhere in early October), and a cop pulls you over and asks you, why you are in a hurry- come up with a better excuse- this is why I am paying- for not being smart enough to lie better

 

So now you are stuck with a fine- nothing much to it- simply mail a check to the address you already know-

 

But unlike you, some people (me) have problems with paper work- so the word, I will do it first thing tomorrow was said by me to myself many times- it was changed to next week, after the weekend, when I get back from Israel, and the like

 

Until the sad day when the Oregon police sends me a reminder- as I see a letter which does not look like a commercial- I knew where it came from- but with the reminder came also a lovely double fine letter- I am sure the Oregon tax payer appreciate my efforts.

 

You’d think the letter would be delivered the next day- and you are almost right

The next day came – I will do it on Monday and few more like those

Till I told myself stop and actually signed the fine, now to put it in a letter, that took another week of soul searching

But finally a letter (with a stamp on it) was supplied and the signed fine went in

Now all that is left is to put the check in- another very complex process- first the check goes in to the car (much closer to the envelope) another weekend passes- and I manage to put it in the coat- you can’t get any closer then that

 

Another day passes (3 actually)

Till I actually write the sum on the check , and put it in the letter with the signed fine and the stamp, and write the address+ return address on the envelope- a remarkable chain of events which took 3 minutes

I could drop it on the outgoing box- and then someone else will be bahhhaaad, or do something else to avoid it- but now so close- I must complete my mission- so I drive to the post office, and lick the envelope, and drop it in- case closed

I am writing this blog for 30 minutes, which tastes just a bit better then the letter + 10 minutes from post office to home- and I still taste the bllllllaaaahhhh- what the hek are they putting there

Diet coke does not help here

Going for extreme solutions- Ben and Gerys

 

 

No comments: