Thursday, December 11, 2008

A quiet place is in high demand now days

This entry is from the Blogil’s first guest blogger

One might ask him/her self how hard can it be to find a quiet place that is conducive for serious studying? Well, apparently quite difficult.

At home: there are constant strange people in our house that don't know the concept of speaking softly. Noises, coming from the kitchen from dishes being rearranged, doors are being slammed, laughter, people talking on their phone. Normally, I wouldn't notice these things, but when you are trying to cramp for a test the next day – it is quite bothersome. I tried putting cotton balls into my ears in hopes of deflecting the noise. Good attempt but unsuccessful.

I was desperately in need of a quiet, warm place. The library seemed like a good idea to me, but apparently also to everyone else. So the search for a free desk begun. I spotted a few "free" spots. Some very gritty students like to take up two spaces. One of them is taken up by them and the other by their belongings. So, those were a no go. Time is of essence and I am still deskless - hopelessness came over me. Until, to my amaze like a mirage in the desert of desks, hiding in the back is one lonely chair and desk, just waiting for me! I hurry and get situated - with the laptop having unlimited supply of power and just enough room for my notes. Very promising - it is the perfect spot – I was content. Not even ten minutes into studying, music trickles into my ears L. How can music by aloud in the library? Its not. It was coming from the ear phones of a lovely student neighbor next to me. I could have asked him to lower the volume, but than saw another desk open up by a leaving student. I again hastily gathered my stuff and rushed over to the other desk. Now, I could finally have quite J No students next to me, and the premise of a long night of quality studying was finally being realized. 

A nice bonus was waiting for me at the end of the night: scrapping off the thick layer of ice covering my entire car in the frigid weather.

 

No comments: