Thursday, December 11, 2008

there is nothing worse than bad drivers

When I had days of working more then 14-15 hours- it usually meant driving for hours to remote places unseen by man, woman, or satellite

After working the same hours in the office- I am beginning to hate drivers- touch, printers or simply cruising the wrong lane

 

So I missed some events recently- and was late in calling people on their birthdays-

3 brothers or sisters in and out of law… 1, friend, and probably more have all been missed (called a few days later)- I blame the weather (can’t blame me)  only 1 birthday was caught on time- little yaeli gave me a minute of her precious to tell me what to buy her…

 

So recently we drove in pancoldinia and we were hungry- luckily we had 1 bag of Bamba nougat- - I love Bamba- and its not possible to make it better- but they managed… and I don’t care much for Nougat- but the combo-   nothing like bamaba

 

The trick to proper skiing is do it effortlessly – I heard about it , but effortlessly takes a lot of effort

We went last Saturday for a few hours of skiing – the last time I stood on a pair of skis and rolled down was about 10 years ago- with 1 half day of snowboard about 5 years ago. So I am very experienced.

 

There are a few differences between skiing in peaking peak and mt Herman- no need to drive for 3 hours, another hour up the mountain for parking, pay parking, get on the bus, they hand your wallet to the organizers and wait in line for the cable cars

Felt good just parking right there and paying little (pre season prices, but still)

So I charged my 1st major slope- for some reason they call it the bunny hill- and I almost did better than some kid in a diaper.

A few more bunny slopes and moved on to the bigger bunny slope- where elders were tied to their kids(3-4 years old this time)- the big leagues

After 2 hours of mastering the bunny, and actually managing to stop and to turn, both left and right!!!

I decided to go to the top- a green lane (side comment: black is hardest, blue mediocre, green beginners, yellow(bunny hill) pre beginners) but a tough green lane (yes, they will buy it), at this point the excuses took over- I was too tired and didn’t stop very well-   did I mention you should do it effortlessly? Well not yet-

Like the lord of the rings- the mountain won- but have no fear (like I had when I couldn’t stop!) round 2 approaches- and may god have mercy on your slopes

 

No comments: