Tuesday, April 28, 2009

make up session

An important part of a matza ball soup is the matza balls

That’s easy enough- use the powder –it’s quite good , read the instruction.

The issue is veggie oil. Say you have canola oil. Is Canola a vegetable? What is canola anyway? I have no idea , but that is what I used.

So after the matza balls were done. And the soup was done, extra fat was removed. I dropped them off on the patio of Inna’s (Alla’s sister) and drove east for Toronto the next day (I already wrote about that).  So after a short day with snake food and friends we drove back for the Seder, where to my surprise – my soup was well devoured , the problem with that is that I barely had 1 dish for myself. A proper kneidalach soup starts on the 2nd big bowl, I guess I need to make another batch.

Seder here was different – people try to avoid reading in both places and get as quick as possible to the meal. The difference was in the singing. The Seder at inna’s is friends and family with lots of kids. And every year they act a little play related to Passover, with songs and music. They played the violin and piano and the quality was good, which makes one wonder what is the use for directors academy?   Btw, is there such a place as directors academy?

We toasted with the cup the my grandma gave me and I read a blessing from the other side of the passage that says go eat- I don’t remember ever reaching the 2nd part (for the reading passages).

The evening ended with an insurance related fiasco, which I can’t disclose any details (taking the fifth and applying for the witness protection program)- actually I can , but maybe in another time.

The next evening we flew to st Louis , in a very documented 30 minutes.

It’s always fun seeing the nieces and chop chick who walks, but not yet speaks. I don’t remember if I wrote on that. I think I did.

 

Today is make up session….

 

Oh- I had a birthday with a great lunch in our favorite pancake house with my meat lovers omelet and French toast – with ice cream cake for desert , which more than half is still safely at my fridge  -  with the slide show Alla made me as an chore. I love the gift, since there is though for every detail.  You didn’t get the music attached for some reason, but there was though in that as well. Oh  –  I enjoyed the details themselvesJ.

After a needed snutch- I barely finished 5k – which is great since a month ago I finished it for the 1st time. And on Sunday I passed the 10k mark again, in the 1st real hot day this year (slightly burned). Thought I was struggling- I still can’t believe I made the 10.

 

So, how do you know that spring is in the air (or more correctly, how can you tell that winter ended?) the secret is in the cones. If you see orange cones on the road  –  than winter is over and road fixing (public budget wasting) season has begun. The winter’s snow falls as soon at the last cone is removed. Seeing the cones, the trees responding and beginning to bloom- amazing everywhere. I look everywhere ,but the road ahead of me.

 

Makeup session over for now

Still in debt for snake food photos, debit of the month club and the scavenger hunt….

Cheers and have a great independence day

No comments: