Thursday, April 16, 2009

on passport control, snake food and bunny hopp

Some much to tell, so little flight time.

We are on our way to my brother Yaron for the weekend, and again , getting here was an easy experience.

Racer comes In and starts to get ready at around 6:45 for a flight at 8:35- 5 minutes for makeup and another 5 for packing- about half an hour later, I go in to the car to finalize my things- from my mobile 4 wheel cabinet. I am packed and ready with the exception of my passport and driver license, both were not in my wallet or my bag.  I strip search the apartment and the car twice, it’s 7:35 and still no passport - I had them the day before when we came in from Canada, soothe ID could not have gone far, I rush up again and quickly dispatch racer to the office for a final sweep and have her calling her sister for a basement search. Since there the night before I changed for the Seder.

The apartment is a futile attempt, and the other efforts are useless even more. We figure I may get by with my social security card, which has no photo – I know it would be of no use, Alla is more hope full but I think she knew as well, but we drive to the airport anyway, and I make my 3rd search of the glove compartment (the 1st place I looked) and there sitting under Bondi , lies the passport with my license in between it’s over stamped pages. It is still 10 to 8 and we rush to the airport, on a rainy afternoon, pass a 5 car accident!! on the high way and parked about 27 minutes before the flight time – which is after the luggage cut off time. Luck today, since we have no luggage to check, the continental folks say, we are too late – but they give us the tickets ,and send us running. The airport is empty on a good Friday evening, and there is no one in security, we zoom quickly by, and make our way to terminal D. as you recall from the last time we had a fly rush- terminal D is on the other side of the airport- the other 3 are close , and D is far far away. As we leave security , someone shouted at us and I paused and looked back to see if we had dropped some thing (like a glove). A guy points to the cart that drives the elderly and signals at us to hop on. The driver asks , we say D10 , he says we want make it, but he drives at super cart speed of 10 wheels a minute or whatever- while clearing the way . to get to terminal D, you must go down the escalator, pass a tunnel and go up the other side-  the cart cannot go down the escalator, so the driver is stopping and tells us where to go, and calls the other cart guy in the tunnel, we rush down the stairs and another cart is ready for us, we hop on and he slams the paddle to the plastic and drives like a very slow wind, we hop off and rush up the escalator , while doing the “escuse me, thanku , escuse me thank u” to other folks, and rush in terminal D to gate 10, and what do you know- the flight is delayed by 10 minutes. We take a breath- and walk slowly to the plane and rest in our seats.

 

I have so much more to say- the above paragraph occurred last Friday…. And I didn’t have time to finish…. To many activities

This entry will be completed hopefully soon

Have a very busy weekend

Saturday -> paint ball followed by orienteering (25 people so far will follow me to the woods) followed by my scavenger hunt (around 20 people are trusting me to have a great time)- than another fundraiser (I am just a guest), and 10k run on Sunday morning +  preparing other fundraising events and preparing my Israel visit around the last 10 days of May with a special guest  (for over a week)

 

I still have to share the Niagara falls tales , soup making, nieces wrestling, the soccer game- more lost sachar and more and more- but need some sleep too

So good night

No comments: