Friday, April 17, 2009

snake food perhaps and 'Alla easter' it's passover

I just returned from a lecture in the museum of natural history. It was by a great mathematician , which I can’t recall his name for some reason- who wrote a book about something…

The lecture wasn’t about anything specific , kind of a philosophical and historical look at math and how it applies to us. I had no idea I was going to that- all I knew what the name of the meet up ‘adventure of mind and space’ (since it’s a part of the adventures meet up I go to) - that was all the info I needed to  attend. So, an hour lecture which was interesting and funny, then the author signed books so obviously I went elsewhere – and they had the observatory open. Did you know that Cleveland used to be the capital of the world in telescope making (lenses making)  now it has other form of stars ( Lebron shining James…). So I got a sneak pick through a telescope that used to be the 2nd largest in the world at the time (1899) and still has original parts!!!! -  shocking, I know. I got to see Saturn up close , but I must say,  if they had taken and icon of my screen, and placed a sticker on the glass,  I would not have been able to tell the difference. But it was still cool (since it’s a big telescope, and the observatory was open to the night chill). The observatory actually rotated while we were there.

 

  24 hours before – I had my 2nd soccer match of the season, again 2:0 to them – don’t you just hate them. My fault with the 2nd goal, though other than that massive f up – I played very well (on defense).

The gamed was canceled close to the end, since a guy on our team, got his foot stuck in the mud (rained the day before), while his body tried to proceed with motion. The result was not pretty, I have never seen a popped out knee before, and don’t want to again. There was no medic on the field so we called an ambulance. And you will be glad to know , that Cleveland, being the #2 health care center in America, has such a great responsive medical teams. So we called them, and 10 minutes later an ambulance from a hospital 5 minutes away. It took them over 5 minutes to get from the parking lot to the pitch with the gurney (it took me less time an hour before, including the time to go back to the car to get my shirt which I forgot the 1st time around) then they walked slowly I might add to the Ryan, who was clearly suffering and told him, they can’t do anything but carry him to the hospital. So we carried him up the gurney, and now after popping the knee back in, he is fine-  but we need a sub for next week….someone who can actually score is preferable.

 

The previous I was working till midnight instead of blogging, so nothing much to tell.

Monday was the same in general save for the fact that I was on a plane and nothing happened.!!!- some stuff happened on the way to st.Louis from the previous entry-  but I guess nothing happened since I didn’t have ,my lap top with me, and no way to document the history of the tiny world around me equals to nothing happened.

St. Louis was another matter. We arrived on Friday night, and the girls were already a sleep- so after a small bite of yummy leftovers and fresh squeezed hummus in great great Passover rolls. We spoke for a while. Then after making a bit of noise. Little Amit wakes up, looks at me, than goes and hugs alla, whom she has never seen before- we were both shocked. Roni woke up equally sleepy, and both returned to bed quickly. The craziness began the next morning- as Amity starts a session of shouts, laughter and loads of fun- to my surprise, the majority of bonding this week was with Roni, who is the quieter of the two, and I have yet to bond with baby chopstick. So we went to the zoo, after a breakfast of a vegetable omelets with no vegetables, and yummy rolls with squeezed hummus – in which chocolate milk was spilled on the last unspoiled chair of the dining table (and was not spilled by me… I later only spilt chocolate milk on the table itself). Very  cute birds, sea lions, various monkeys, deer, bears (including Malayan sun bear), penguins, prairie dog (looks like a Guiney pig rat mole sort of thing), tiger, ant eater and an invisible rhino was the harvest of the day- I will send some photos of the animals and the walking on2 legs mammals as well, or if not walking, than sitting on their uncle’s shoulders.

 

On Sunday we went to chucky cheese and I broke my all time worst records of shooting hoops- that was a display even Shaq from the free throw can beat, but I had fun and so have the kids- more fun since it was on Easter and the place was empty. Later after a snutch we did a reminder of a puzzle we got them of a princess – 150 pieces is advanced for their age- but they both rocked.

Later we played a game- also for older kids – a game of some riddles – that you may have played on the internet at some point – one of those riddle games, that you have to move pieces to get somewhere and they get harder and harder- and little Roni is a genius and just zoomed through it. Went through 20 stages and said “I like this game, it is fun and KAL” . that game had 40 stages- she got till 20, in which point – Mom, wanted to try her luck with level 35 and up (this game is for ages 6-8) and failed miserably- though given tips from 5 year old Roni. I can comment, since I didn’t have a chance to try those levels myself, till than I am safe.   We played sorry as well, a cute game, which ended prematurely by an unregretful amity that simply ran through the board . which I wasn’t sorry to see, sine I wasn’t winning (though have not lost yet). ½ of the never ending story with questions like ‘why is he (Atrio) so dirty, ‘who cleaned him’, ‘why is the dragon looking like a dog’, ‘why is he going there’ and more whys, where and who etc…. and of course more yummy Passover rolls- and some other stuff like fish, lamb, good cheese- but these were nothing compared to these rolls.

 

Oh – something did happen on Monday- we went to bennihana- and I was surprised to find a restaurant, just by my local supermarket- which I had no idea existed. It’s a Chinese/Japanese place, where you sit on the counter, by the grill and the chef cooks everything in front of you on a burning hot plate and does various tricks.

I got the chicken fried rice without the onion and other useless vegi’s – then the chef added the onions to the rice- and then I got the left over’s (with the onion) the cheff stared at me with surprise- chicken fried riced is still ok with onion, just better without it. So we had fun tricks, shrimp(very good ones; and I am not a big shrimp fan), drinks (banana strawberry smoothie for me- with a twist of more banana). And good ice-cream desert (1 scoop of chocolate ice-cream) .

On something did happen on Tuesday as well- (before I stayed to work late)- we went to my bosses house for very good steaks and big potatoes on the grill- you know me, with food- I like my starch and I like the simple food- big quality steak and potatoes- perfect (if only they had hummus). Making this meal the most kosher meal I had this entire Passover (including the kosher keeping revital house and Passover night!!!)

 

But it is already past midnight and I do have to work sometimes- so good night and I still owe the stories and photos from Niagara, Passover , the soup and snake food….

 

p.s passed 31% today - so keep up with the good donation work…

 

No comments: