Tuesday, April 21, 2009

snakefood

No time to update- so speed blogging style

With my excellent spell checking abilities , this will be awesome

 

So in the morning, we went to buffalo, where Alla was supposed to get finger printed – that went well and with no ink stains what so ever.

So an hour after that, we were on our way to Niagara falls.

The obstacle on the way, was a suspicious Canadian border crossing person – for an unknown reason – my car, which has supplies for a small Katharina refuge center , was troubling them.

So we were asked, who are we meeting, last names, when, which, why, who, whom and for what etc…  I was getting worried, they might not let us cross. In the end they just search the trunk – which shocked Alla, but for me, it still seemed normal. So we crossed, parked and made our way on a sunny and chilly day to the falls.

Maybe because I have seen them before in movies, or I am travel desensitized – but I expected bigger. I guess you should see them first from the bottom – that will be more impressive.

But the point of the trip was not to see the falls (we didn’t make it to the bottom). But to see Alla’s friend Anya , visiting from Israel- with no US visa for her kid. So we had to cross.

So , we stopped by a fudge shop, sampled and promised to return (I did mean it) - than we met them at the rainforest café. in the past, I entered this place- but briefly, and now I had my chance to explore. Animals everywhere (it’s a place for kids (and for me))  - and the animals were hidden, so you had to look and spot them (not real animals , but cool looking).

Alla has been planning this meet for a while (they have not met in 9 years), and wandered how would they meet (cheek kiss, hug, hand shake??)  – we were in the store, when she saw her, and started running (THROUGH) the door, and jumped into each other arms for a long hug. I was shaking hands… Anya came with her husband, their two kids and another couple from Toronto (their friends).

Out of 4.5 hours in Niagara falls, we stayed almost 3 hours in the restaurant- since there was lots of catching up to do. Alla liked a big cute green frog in the gift store, and I got it. Anya’s kid had seen it and snatched it from my hands. I totally get him, that was one cool frog. So I went back to the store and got another one. I explained to the Forrest clerk, that the big snake ate my frog (see photos- that was a big snake)- hence- the frog is now called snake food.

Later we went to take another look at the falls and I had just a T-Shirt , so I wore Snake food as a scarf- , it’s a very useful snake food.  

We had to leave early to make it in time for the Seder..next entry- we have arrived

No comments: