Sunday, September 14, 2008

alone in the dark and out of the woods

It’s dark, power out- a fun way to spend an evening- winds reaching about 100k are suppose to be outside- they don’t seem to be that strong- maybe elsewhere in the area

The friendly Ike should be ere later this weeks- or at least its tail winds- so more fun later on.

 

Today I went by a tailgate party- which is the pre football game party- the idea is simple – you come in the morning of the game- with a tent, barbeque friends and most important – lots of beer, and some more beer- you drink, pass out, throw up, drink some more- get arrested for drinking, get out and drink- than it’s game time- this weekend against the mortal enemy of Pittsburgh.

I verified who am I suppose to hate

It’s Pittsburgh in football

Michigan in college football

And everyone should hate the Yankees- so since I really don’t care, I am hating Pittsburgh, yes they suck.

These crazy people were drinking since early morning for a game which starts at 8 pm!!!

 

At the time- I was beach volley balling on whiskey island- this is a Caribbean island which got drunk one day from whiskey of course and got pushed with the current from the Caribbean sea to lake Erie, when it woke up and sobered up- it could not find its way back so it remained there- this is according to the local myth I invented the 1st time I heard the name- but actually it’s a prohibition island- they smuggled whisky from Canada to this island- and now it is a beach volley ball park- so I dove like crazy, got sand where sand shouldn’t be.

 

This week was all about driving- 1200 miles alone- a personal record I do not want to break- though I saw nice views and the fall begins, but Its simply too much driving. So next week it’s Mississippi again- my 3rd time there already- but still hadn’t found good southern cooking- good meaning that I like it- if not. It’s not good

 

The finalla of the week is finally finished my book- a walk in the woods- took me 5 months- the longest ever- and its interesting- I guess I was busy- but now it’s over- it tells about a guy walking the appalation trail- 2200 miles from Goergia  to Main – he does about a third of the way in months-I need to find a shorter route myself (Israel trail)- and the best thing to do when finishing a book- yes, pick up another one- so Pompey has started… and I would be reading right now if I had light!!!

 

Lap top is low on bat – so need to go

Btw the new Cohen brothers movie is funny- brad pit like you never seen him before- not an Oskar performance – simply funny like tom cruise in tropic thunder

 

 

Got to go…

No comments: