Thursday, September 11, 2008

just screwing around

I have managed to leave the endless mountains- it wasn’t simple- for the 1st time not in a city that I wanted a GPS- the Gil positioning system was failing for some unknown reason- maybe it was the gram pie- never heard of this pie before- which is why it was selected- but there is no need to repeat previous mistakes…

 

Endless is a rich place= Old money as the locals call it and a hospital which was actually just a house at some point- the fall is threatening to break- most trees are green but some are yellow or red – and my favorite season is approaching- to bad its always the shortest one.

 

This was my 1st solo install- and I was not nervous for a second- which is surprising to me- I assumed I would be- and today was my 1st solo sales demo- since someone was sick-and I was calm- must be the air. The last part of the install – I had to crate the old carts and ship them back- not an issue with a drill – which I had- so I was drilling and dentists from all over came asking what is that noise- and then the drill decided to take a break- it lacked electricity powder. The person who screwed these crates did a thorough job- lots of screws and lots of time to screw and screw- note to self- when you are told to take a spare battery- listen!, than again I never listen… so this will happen again

I was bonding with the staff- had a discussion with a holistic nurse about doctors giving to many medications- she wanted to recommend acupuncture – I saved my comments to myself.

And a discussion with the local pharmacist which is Lebanese- so we had a short political discussion where we both agreed to get rid of all governments for the good of all mankind.

  

At endless I didn’t see the famous fat fingered nurses- they must have retired – and I spent a night at an amazing bed and breakfast –the breakfast was simple- cereal but the house!- 19th century Victorian house- and every corner and room are full of taste- I have photos from my phone- forgot my camera….but had a great lasagna(best so far in the US)

I was in the purple room – named for it’s purple walls- not original I agree but a nice bed. So I left the endless mountains and moved to Carthage, new York- a spit away from Canada- and after my demo- I went to view the surrounding- you may recall seeing a junk mail about an area with 1000 islands- each with a big house between lakes….this is where I am right now- on the US Canada border overlooking 3…7 of the 1000 islands- some are very small so I don’t know how they count… there is a photographer here- sitting and waiting for the “right” time to click- I don’t have that patience- so I got some quick photos and sat down.

 

Today is 9/11 and the TV and radio shows ceremonies all day- but the street appear indifferent- no flags are posted on houses, or cars- the streets are empty- there is a small dog show behind me- just another day.

 

I think I saw my 1st possum- it was on the road- but surprisingly alive- I seen lots of new animals in a less active mode- so it’s good to see one making it.

 

Sun is coming down- the photographer is focusing on something unclear- I am 3 minutes away from the border but I am not going through- you may guess that I don’t have my passport- that will be a good guess normally but not today- the days of the quick check are over- now I am in the experiencing mode- under a day is not enough for any normal area- but I will find the time.

 

Have you ever seen a town made from water?- neither have I, but I am staying in Watertown ,ny- and that is a normal city-not even on a lake!!!-bunch of lying town founding fathers

 

It’s time to go (mosquitoes…)

 

Enjoy the photos (sorry for the phone quality)

 

p.s does anybody know if the sauce comes from here?

No comments: