Friday, September 19, 2008

miss issipi

It’s polite here, everyone is called Mr or Ms- and I which is more informal than most- having some hard time saying Mr

I do but it feels weird on the tongue, not natural

I think that the Miss in Mississippi is to get people to be more polite- before it was called heyYouSissipi

 

From all the places I have been, the accent here is the hardest to understand- they swallow wordsJ unlike me…

 

 

I usually don’t share work stories, but..

For some reason I had to open one of our carts, and typical me I didn’t bring a tool set

So I took some from the custodian Mr joe- he had some fitting tools, but not for all- so I had to go look for some specific size Allan wrench

This city is a ‘huge’ one- so no walmart or practically any other store – so they sent me to the autoZone- which is not even a store but a mechanic shop

The mechanic Mr Brian, looks and can’t find a proper tool- but – he spends about 5 minutes finding me something that fits and doesn’t even want to be paid!(I just need to get it back)

So my appreciation for Mississippi and mechanics just went up a notch- so now the issue has been resolved.

 

The question of the day is do you tell someone senior that something seemingly minor is not right?

Since tact was never one of my virtues- I did

My co worker here(a very tactful one) said Never to do that

All I did was tell a COE of a hospital that he has a problem with outlets- so equipment can be damaged- I don’t know-

We tend to disagree- and whenever we do she would say ‘typical guy’, but on an debate today I told her that she was ‘typical woman’- to the enjoyment and laughter of a nurse here-so it’s fun.

 

Tomorrow is back to Cleveland where I hope the power is restored- and to a weekend overnight hiking trip with some apple dish made from picked apples on the spot- it’s apple season (‘some fruit company’).

 

Oh, in front of the hospital there is a big cemetery, just depressing- that should be behind it- but at least there is no false hope

 

 

 

Cheers…

No comments: