Monday, September 8, 2008

the south west dillema - continue

A few hours later- after a kick ass exam…

 

It’s a rainy Chicago- I took my umbrella yesterday from the closet for the 1st time- but didn’t take it with me so I kind of got soaked today- so right now I am at the cinema- waiting for the rain to stop.

‘Traitor’[ is a predictable but interesting movie- 8.5 on the suicide terrorist greatest hits

 

I saw commercial which I usually try to avoid- some type of ocean 14 is approaching- pit, cloonyi and john malcovic- looks promising- but we’ll see

 

The Israeli consulate is a strange place- in the 80s movies (and 24) it’s always a house- but these one’s are a simple secured office on the 13th floor- very well secured- and dull. If you can’t trust movie reality what can you trust.

 

So I remembered yuval telling us about endless- and the ‘big fingered nurses’ there and great food- tomorrow I will see for myself- so far I have not seen those type of nurses- in the hospitals I have been in.

 

Oh- football…. As I’ve said – I had no favorite – so I knew I adopt the local team- in this case ohio state, there is also ohio U- which are the lesser ohio team (like hapoel) – in Cleveland there is but one- and at Marks= they played each other. So my first college game was the derbi- very fearfull ½ half time- with the wrong Ohio leading – ended with a victory for the god guys (Which are red- like hapoel) but they win!!! So they are not hapoel- -- like Manchester- the red I can relate too.

 

The local NFL team is the Cleveland browns- I don’t know why they are called browns-  but that issue yesterday raised the question of the red sox- where did that name came from- I said- it was from the fifties – time of anti communism- the ‘red sucks!’

But this is Chicago and the club here is the ‘white sucks’ – so that must be an African American team.


so this test cost me 2 shows- I passed on the beach boys- yes they are still alive and the one 2 hit wonder of hermans hermits( btw happy birthday shai herman, dad, meirav mandelman, yuval gatenio)- 4 bloglisters in one week! + a rare wedding of 2 of the 40+ on the list with each other- have a great life together yuval g and michal (soon g also))

the hits are ‘no milk today’ and ‘there’s a kind of hush all over the world’ btw

 

but – I am planning on not missing the next show- though conflict- damn work always in the way- just found I may miss it again- unless I do crazy changes to my schedule- I think I should

- the concert in 3 hours away in Canada

as an asthmatic person- I must get a steady supply of air- so I have to go back to Detroit (it’s 20 minutes away in Canada on the other side of the border- on a Friday night- I am coming back from Mississippi that night- so it will be a challenge.

 

Btw if you don’t know air supply- perhaps the kitschiest band of all times (I’m all out of love, goodbye, and many others)- then go on you tube and listen.

 

So my upcoming trip- I will miss Paul McCartney – who performs 3 days too early in tel aviv and robin Williams, in Cleveland -  so nothing is perfect

 

But I can’t complain(though I do…) – I better go check if the rain had stopped- don’t want to get wet again- damn useless umbrella in the car.

 

Oh- south west- I forgot about ,my headline- by far the nicest air line in America- they have an interesting system of sit where ever on the plane- according to who checked in 1st- not on sit assignment- but when you check in 1st- you look at the people after you and the question is –can you affect their choices- since it’s not assigned- you can control it – you don’t want big guys- which take too much space and leave no elbow room for you, you don’t want babies – since sleep is needed at times- so how and if can you control it- that is the dilemma- I was unlucky this morning with a big spreading guy- hope later there will be an empty sit (Evening flight are less busy- people go but don’t come back.)

 

Next report from endless mountain, Montrose PA

 

P.S good luck Israel against Moldova

 

 

 

No comments: