Tuesday, September 30, 2008

it's been a year since i last wrote something

The longest day just ended.. or so I hope- nothing beats spending a holiday at work- I will make up for it soon don’t be worried

 

So some where late last year- I went to paddle and paddle – which is a nice 16k bike ride- which went by too fast followed by a kayak trip (pictures soon) along some nameless river

The river is nice- since there is water on the one side, you bike in the middle and another canal which looks like a mossy, swampy, grassy river on the other

So lots of green at the beginning of the fall, some ducks, a hawk of some kind, a depressed wild turkey- he kept his head down- must know that thanks giving is approaching

And a river turtle- I never so them in real life- I head those small ones who died in the aquarium at my house when I was young, and I saw gigantic ones at sea- but never small regular sized turtles in a river- I scared it and it jumped in the water and swam away (and fast).

But after 2+ hours of kayaking (I canoed a lot but never kayaked) some areas in the body don’t like to remain in the same position – next time bring a cushion

After that we had a barbeque- not as gourmet as last week but good enough.

 

Some people are lucky ones- others get to see the movie with that name – good cast (rachel mcadamas and tim robins) but I guess it’s for Americans-  but I do have something in common with the main characters- all wounded soldiers with very minor injuries- thus lucky ones (don’t worry its not a spoiler), and good acting- but again- for yanks

 

Yesterday for rosh hashana I went to Alla’s sister – who hosted family friends and me to a honey full meal (and tirosh J)  with some holiday games and questions (she said they never done it in Israel- just a way to keep tradition alive),  poor Alla – had 3 tests in 3 days… so she wasn’t there. But an evening I was and was not looking forward too went well.

 

So after wards I had few free hours- so another movie- eagle eye- with Indiana jones’s son in the movie- better job on this one

Good thriller- and other then 10 kitchi minutes,,,,why must they ruin it????…. it is still the best movie I saw this year  (shai you will like it, amit go to the cinematic)

 

My new arrival date is October 26 till after the election

And till that there are some octoberfeast events- these people will drink for any nation, any religion with no bios of any kind….

And 2nd week of my soccer career is tomorrow… it’s hard to do worst then last week, but I am sure we can

 

Oh and yom kipur is coming so I must confess my sins- mosquitoeCide

Huge mosquitoes- entered my place- not many but extremely large and easy to hitJ so I killed one- and more came for the funeral- I sent some more to meet the 1st one – hope they are gone by now.

 

I missed today an indoor rock climbing event and a juggling class- so nothing left to do but go to another movie…should I get a TV? no

 

Have a happy tzom gdalia and shana tova

 

 

 

 

No comments: