Sunday, October 12, 2008

on liquids and powders- yom kipur confessions

I am waiting for laundry to be done and a bottle of schnapps is in front of me - so I feel a need to clarify.

Till about 6 months ago I was never drunk, never smoked, never had a vice (other than chocolate) - some has change- the blame is on Amsterdam and Obama's tax cuts

In Amsterdam I was sitting with others (who which to remain anonymous), who smoked- I received 2nd hand hash smoke- but did not smoke myself. My issue is brownies- I love them- but laced brownies are another matter- 1 brownie contains less than 1 cigarette of hash- and I ate about 20% of one- I think it affected me- or id did because I thought it should , I don't really know. So my name is Gil and I am a drug addict.... That is my relation with drugs.

And last week we (some Colleagues who probably would like to be anonymous and I) went to a Mexican place I once wrote here was not so good, I guess they read the blog as well- a lot better this time- the problem began with margaritas.
I rarely drink only because I don't like it (Beer, wine, and most liquors), margarita is border line- so I had some with them than the schnapps began- with that drinking game- well you read what happened!!
I don't remember writing that last paragraph (I remember the other ones), I am on tape and don't remember half of it
All I remember is waking in bed with some guy in a hotel...and a married guy too!
Don't worry, I haven't switched teams - MR M let me crash in his room, that's it- (I hope:) )- so my never drunk record has ended.
I will post the videos once I get them- I really shouldn't!!! but I will.

So let us move to the subject of the day
Liquids and powders (no , not drugs again, dear tabloid readers)- what is better - tomato soup from powder or a liquid can?
As you know - I dislike tomatoes in their natural form- but like them in many less natural form. The soup I use to eat the most (other than chicken) was tomato from a powder box (mix with water, heat, and it's good!!!). I tried a new product- the soup from the can(also add water, heat), but the liquid stuff looked more like real tomatoes (no good)- but it tasted good- so after close considerations- powder still rules

Attached are photos from 2 weeks ago from my biking kayaking day.

I orienteered twice since then - once during the day time- got a bit off track for an hour but managed to get back in my worst result of recent years- this will happen when you don't check your map!
But yesterday was the 2nd one- and a night event!- I organized an event with the group I go hiking with- and 9 brave souls came along. I hadn't done a night event since the army. The last time I did a dusk event ended after 5 minutes with a sprained leg in the sands of hadera. But this one went well- all 10 of us came back...at night you really get a sense of the woods- sounds from all over make you look that way(and run the other way), all markers were found. Before that we did a short hike around the lake- with amazing photos before it got dark- of the fall- it's amazing here this time of year- all the colors of the world in one shot.

I don't know what is worse- working on Kippur or not going to cedar point on Kippur.

My soccer season has ended with a glorious assist- last week we had 2 games in a row- I came with a fear for my tights which are still sore from 2 weeks earlier (I don't rest...)- it rained a bit and my snickers are slipping on a muddy pitch (before that I went shoe shopping for cleats ("pkakim" ) and since I am a horrible shoe shopper- I couldn't find a comfortable pair- so I left the sporting goods empty handed, and the shoe guy, bare commission handed) - and made a great pass in our half - he moved on, ran all the way,3 passed guys and scored. I still say the assist is mine. So the 1st game ended with a tie, and the 2nd game, we got creamed - they actually scored from a corner kick- curved ball straight in- damn accurate people.
I will miss the rest of the season- for work- so till next year- no more soccer.

On the way to the O event- I was shocked to see that we passed Springfield, OH- shocked because I knew that Springfield OH is about 5 hours away from Cleveland- I drove less than an hour and not fast!- there are 2 Springfields in Ohio (like it was in PA) - one is city and one is twp (township)- if I was the mail man I would be confused.- so Springfield count is now 6 (1, oh, 2 pa, 1 ga,1 arkansos and 1 in tennesey)- none with a nuclear reactor (maybe I should go to Springfield, Iraq)
Speaking of Iraq - I saw last season of lost- and I am more confused than ever- I think they are randomly killing characters.

Yesterday I asked for tea (sore throat) and got ice tee- some minor differences are still not easy to adjust to- like the date format (I get it right most of the time), the tax (I still have an "oh I forgot the taxes" comment every now and then) and the fact that you have to go to one store to buy beer(not for me) and to another to buy schnapps (for me...see last week))- the legislators- seem to think that separating this will help - but they forgot that after beer- someone is drunk and then drives drunk to get liquor- so good intentions , bad result

So I have to go- laundry is done- need to pack for Oregon this week (state #28) - and go to beach volleyball for the last time this year(winter is coming soon to a city near you(me)) then head for the airport

Have a happy Sokut and stay sober

No comments: