Wednesday, October 22, 2008

tips on how to stay awake from 06/25

 

 

This week was about imperialism, gormet food and fancy hotels

Case in point- empreial, nebrska – a short 3.5 hours drive from denver through logs of fields, other fields, and some more fields from different kinds (of fields).

So I tried to reinvent a song – that didn’t go very well but here goes

“I see fields of green

Small towns too

I see no bloom

Ingdales for me or you

and I thing to my self- what a bad cover song”

 

that road has one point of interest- just on the colorado nebreska border- this sign below- that’s it

P7090010.JPG

but no reason to complain- the hospital treated me with food from their best place (sub way- love the philly cheesesteak sandwich)- the other is pizza hut- and good lemon cake from the cafeteria.

 

The problem is not going there- it’s going back- since it’s the same view and when the sun is shining – that road is dangerous- staying awake is an issue- so here are a couple of tips on how to stay awake

Invent stupid songs- solves about 10 minutes

Try to decide which station is better- ‘Bob’ in nebreska (who plays anything) or ‘Jack’ in colorado- not a lot of imagination in the names but 80s music is always good.

I though of counting stuff on the way- but it’s difficult counting grains of corn- so I moved to chewing

A very unique combination of chewbles can be find in any gas station

I tried peppered falvoured beef jerkey( which are hard to chew) with the best kind of beans (jelly)

This Highly recommended combo – lasts for an hour-  but only for extrem cases- liquerish and pepper don’t mix

 

P7090013.JPGP7090009.JPGP7080004.JPG

 

So somehow I got back to denver- and got to see my nieces again and my nefew known as choopchick

 

P7080001.JPG 

This is the 1st ever choopchick cought on film- (family movie) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkJJnLBfa94, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pPbB3toyKs

 

 

So went back to cleveland – with another hike and mos of the rest dedicated to homework- marketing project and exam

So next week- is state #25- which will probably not count- only 1 night in a small town close to ohio border- but we will see- but anoter 4 hours drive through amish country… lots of cows to milk and pitchforkes to avoid – the fun begins the folowing week- a trip through the parks (Brice, grand canion, zion, mesa verda, rocky mountains) and a grand finalla in vegas (+ elton jhon concerts)

All with the family who are coming over for moti (my mothers husbend) 60th birthday- with  all the grandkids…

 

p.s it’s been over a week since I had a drink.

 

 

Some minor stuff also- like returning the rental car- but taking the keys with me, avoiding crepes, mediocare scary movie (‘the ruins’) which is about my appartment!.

No time to write about them- exam on Thursday.

And 3 days of irish fest next weekend

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: