Wednesday, October 22, 2008

some things can only happen to me from june

 

 

Last night I stayed at the Hyatt in down town Kansas city- a very good hotel- so why do I complain?

 

After leaving Springfield Georgia on the way to Gothenburg (which means nowhere in some language) , Nebraska

 

I arrived to Kansas city- I had no idea why they booked the Hyatt – but I knew when I arrived- no free rooms in this city.

The problem is that there are two hyatts here…

So I leave baggage claim and go to the shuttle area- it’s already 9:30 and trafic is scarce

I ask some shuttle lady how to get to hyatt regency – and she says she will drive me (very nice of her) since she shuttles for the next hotel over

So we go and I am sitting next to a couple on the way back from their honeymoon and they say they were in the Bahamas watching the news from home (Iowa- which was flooded-  TV should be disallowed for honeymooners!)

So she dropped me of at hyatt place- I enter and verify if this is hyatt regency – and they say no

So they shuttle me back- now it’s around 10

I wait for 20 minutes and watch lots of shuttles for other destinations go by

So I ask another shuttle guy about mine- and he is going the other way- but he give me his number, and phone just in case I get stranded and says he will drive me for free- again very very nice of Justin to do that.

So I say thanx to him and go back to the phone to reach the hotel (they didn’t answer before)

And just as I head back to the airport- I see my shuttle go by…. So I run after it but it doesn’t see me

So I go back to the phones and try to call them- they don’t answer

I try to call the shuttle- no answer

Car rentals- the cheapest one was 80$ the others were sold out- no cars or rooms here!

So finally I go to some automatic macine and book a shuttle

So 1.5 hours after my landing I go to the hotel- 45 minutes away

 

Reach the hyat regency- and ofcourse my confirmation number doesn’t match- it was actually the 1st hotel…

It’s 11:40 and I am tierd – they say there are no free rooms- so they offer me a conference room!- at half price from the other hotel- so 160 goes to 80- I agree- the problem with this room is that it has no shower

So my conference room with a beautifull view of the city, 2 tv’s 20 chairs sofas and stuff but no showers- this room is on the 40th floor- and my shower is the gym shower- so I go down 40 floors go to the other side of the hotel- take and elevator- 4 floors, climb 1 floor walk 100 yards and then I see my shower

When I was in training at shivta- there was a river passing through our tent on the send- mud all around- and we walked with sandals in the cold – getting dirty from mud after the shower- that was easier!

 

So I ate soup and salad for late dinner and though it’s time to sleep- but surprise – no bad!

So I call the front desk and they bring me a foldout bed- and the price goes down to 40$

 

So hotel suite, 40th floor, good view, no shower and a foldout bed- for a bargain price- and they gave me a complementary buffet breakfast- so that was good.

Now I am on the shuttle back to the airport

 

Tune in for the next adventures of Mr bean

 

Oh, my phone receives incoming calls as long as I don’t try to log in- so now I don’t!

 

p.s if you ever in Kansas city- I have justin’s number

 

 

No comments: